Dark Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has the text all got a bit smaller too? @Roger
Site wide I mean. On an iPhone and I swear there’s more of everything now!

None of the fonts or sizes of fonts SHOULD have changed, but I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

I have the old and new versions of the forum running side by side here so I can do comparisons.

The text input/editor box is different to the older version and the icons at the top of it are different. Apart from that there shouldn't really be many visual changes across the forums - and if there are, they will usually be something that needs fixed, like the problem with the input box (which should now be sorted!)

None of the fonts or sizes of fonts SHOULD have changed, but I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

I have the old and new versions of the forum running side by side here so I can do comparisons.

The text input/editor box is different to the older version and the icons at the top of it are different. Apart from that there shouldn't really be many visual changes across the forums - and if there are, they will usually be something that needs fixed, like the problem with the input box (which should now be sorted!)
It is sorted aye

Notifications behave differently now. Not necessarily for the better or worse. The notification remains until you’ve viewed a watched thread for example, whereas previously, the notification disappeared once you’d clicked on the notification/alerts icon.

Notifications behave differently now. Not necessarily for the better or worse. The notification remains until you’ve viewed a watched thread for example, whereas previously, the notification disappeared once you’d clicked on the notification/alerts icon.

It appears to be one of the areas which has changed a little in the latest version - not something I noticed in testing as you don't get many alerts on a test system!

In theory, you should be able to automatically mark all alerts as read when you open the alert popup. It is an option in your account preferences (Alerts page skips mark read : unticked) - but reading the Xenforo forums, this might not be working correctly on the latest version. I can't be sure as mine is ticked as that was my preference. This option was part of an "addon" that we started using last time Xenforo made a hash of it, and I think there are some conflicts with the latest version of the forum software.

Xenforo are trying to be clever and (a) make it behave like an App, and (b) marking minor alerts (reactions etc) as read automatically, but not other alerts until you have either read them or marked them as read.

You can of course mark ALL alerts as read form the bottom of the popup when you open it which will clear the alert notification bell.

Xenforo are trying to be clever and (a) make it behave like an App, and (b) marking minor alerts (reactions etc) as read automatically, but not other alerts until you have either read them or marked them as read.
Thing is, the preferences don't match up with that. They still give you the OPTION whether to act like this or not:

"Do not mark alerts as read when viewing the alerts pop-up"

Either they haven't updated the preferences options for this new version, or it is what it looks like - a bug.

Thing is, the preferences don't match up with that. They still give you the OPTION whether to act like this or not:

"Do not mark alerts as read when viewing the alerts pop-up"

Either they haven't updated the preferences options for this new version, or it is what it looks like - a bug.
Yes. That feature isn’t part of Xenforo, its part of the addon and that isn’t working correctly with the latest version.

If I remove the addon though we lose that option entirely as well as losing some of the other useful features it provides. I am hoping and waiting for a fix.

Reactions: PTR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back