Danny Welbeck

The Fitter

Winger
Might be a long shot or some lazy journalism, but if there is any truth in it then I'm sure most of us would agree to BHH?
Pro's - Out of contract in the summer, still an effective premier level striker, his impact on and off the field would be immeasurable.
Cons - 33 Years old, currently on £40k plus.

Might be a long shot or some lazy journalism, but if there is any truth in it then I'm sure most of us would agree to BHH?
Pro's - Out of contract in the summer, still an effective premier level striker, his impact on and off the field would be immeasurable.
Don’t really think it’ll happen, do you?

He'll probably not get £40k a week on his next contract, would be a superb signing for an ambitous Championship team. If we were one of those, I reckon we could have tempted him to drop down, but sadly we're not.

Any truth in what? I can't see any links saying we're in for him.

It's hugely unrealistic anyway. De Zerbi wants to keep him and he's still easily good enough for the Premier League.

He’d still be asking for 25-30k a week and that’s well out of our budget

for most clubs it’s a very good deal to get the quality and experience he’d bring but we’re stingy as fuck and would probably make an insulting offer like 5k

If he’s outta contract I can see someone even in the championship paying him 40k a week or lower wages and signing on fee to make up the wages. Even at 40k a week that’s 2m quid a year, but if he stayed fit enough he’d bang the goals in at championship level I suspect, compared to his not great record in the prem

Probably still a lower prem division move left in the lad to be fair or backup striker for one of the better teams

Last edited:

Back