Danny Rohl

They were stupid;y under
Is it

"Which talented young German manager was appointed manager of Sheffield Wednesday after they had their worst ever start to a season, with just 2 points in their first 10 games, but then went on to have a 44% win rate with the same team (compared to Mike Dodds' 25% win rate at Sunderland), averaging 1.52 points per game (compared to Mike Dodds' 1.00 points per game at Sunderland)?"
They were stupidly underperforming and bereft with injury. Even Beale would have won some games there. He’s definitely not the manager we want. We need someone who’s taken a rank average team and made them good.

Mark Robins, Valarian Ismaiel (the Barnsley version) or even Nigel Clough would be better

They were stupid;y under

They were stupidly underperforming and bereft with injury. Even Beale would have won some games there. He’s definitely not the manager we want. We need someone who’s taken a rank average team and made them good.

Mark Robins, Valarian Ismaiel (the Barnsley version) or even Nigel Clough would be better

Nigel Clough? 58 year old League Two manager Nigel Clough?

Spent 10 years at Burton in non-league and couldn't get them promoted.
Went to Derby. Spent 5 years in the Championship there, finishing 18th, 14th, 19th, 12th, and 10th in the Championship, got sacked.
Went to Sheffield United in League One. Couldn't get them promoted in 2 attempts. Got sacked.
Went back to Burton in League One. Got them promoted. Then got them relegated.
Went to Mansfield in League Two. Has finished 16th, 7th, 8th.

Nigel Clough is as mediocre as mediocre gets - the last thing we need. Rohl has done more in 30 games to improve a club than Clough has done in 25 years.

If we "need someone who's taken a rank average team and made them good" we could look at Rohl, whose PPG average with Sheff Wed would have them 9th in the Championship if he had been there all season, not Nigel mediocrity Clough who has never improved a team in his life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Went to Derby. Spent 5 years in the Championship there, finishing 18th, 14th, 19th, 12th, and 10th in the Championship, got sacked.
Went to Sheffield United in League One. Couldn't get them promoted in 2 attempts. Got sacked.

Nigel Clough is as mediocre as mediocre gets - the last thing we need. Rohl has done more in 30 games to improve a club than Clough has done in 25 years.

If we "need someone who's taken a rank average team and made them good" we could look at Rohl, whose PPG average with Sheff Wed would have them 9th in the Championship if he had been there all season, not Nigel mediocrity Clough who has never improved a team in his life.

Don’t read this as me advocating Nigel Clough as I’m certainly not but I think he managed Burton in the championship. He did a pretty good job there to my knowledge

Don’t read this as me advocating Nigel Clough as I’m certainly not but I think he managed Burton in the championship. He did a pretty good job there to my knowledge

He did manage them in the Championship. He took over in League One, after Hasselbaink had them miles ahead at the top of the league, and finished off the job of winning promotion.

In the Championship, they then finished 20th, then he relegated them the next year (the same season we went down). Then he had two mid table finishes in League One.

He took them over at the top of League One and left them in 12th in League One.

He did manage them in the Championship. He took over in League One, after Hasselbaink had them miles ahead at the top of the league, and finished off the job of winning promotion.

In the Championship, they then finished 20th, then he relegated them the next year (the same season we went down). Then he had two mid table finishes in League One.

He took them over at the top of League One and left them in 12th in League One.

Had he not taken them up the divisions in non league in his first spell as well?

Thanks. Saved me the trouble. Nigel Clough man. Ffs.

They were stupid;y under

They weren't under performing at all. Their squad is absolutely horrendous and the fact that Rohl has them with a fighting chance of staying up is highly commendable.

They were stupid;y under

What an absolute load of rubbish
Nigel Clough man 😂😂
As for Rohl he’s been brilliant at Sheffield Wednesday

I’d rather have a sausage roll

If he’s the answer I’ve got no clue what the question is
I don't like this post as it suggests that having a sausage roll is not very good (not true).

By expressing their disdain for Sheffield Wednesday's 34 year old German football manager Danny Rohl, but suggesting that even a lowly sausage roll would be preferable, the OP has made a libellous assault on the beloved pork pastry product that I cannot get on board with.

Last edited:
He's done brilliant at Sheff Wed when you look at the points they were on when he took over. I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at him.

He's up there as a top choice for me. I think he'll keep them up though and seems to be forging a good relationship with the club and fans in Sheffield, so likely competing against him/them again next season.

He has taken a team who was guaranteed to drop and given them hope.

They have a shite squad with a batshit mental owner who has threatened the fans on multiple occasions. They sacked their manager on the eve of the season and binned off another.

Now for me hes a tad young and inexperienced for our squad and club size. But you cant deny the job he has done is decent.

Nigel Clough? like haway man be serious

They were stupid;y under

Eh

They were stupid;y under

Robins would get my vote but can’t see him leaving Coventry for us

Back