Dani Alves

That is outrageous. The man is a convicted predator - i.e. a danger to women. How can you just buy yourself out of that?
Think Spain has some pretty poorly drafted laws in the case of rapes and sexual assaults. Was a massive hoohaa over a gang rape case being taken as sexual assault at the running of the bulls.
Think paying any sort of compensation acts in the offenders benefit as well

Alves case is going to cause a lot of controversy - I think, though, he will only be out until the court gives the final sentence - he may well have to go back inside - I hope. However, I heard that in the UK only 1% of cases rape reported to the police ever finally result in a prison sentence. Did I hear wrong? Can anyone correct me on this?

Alves case is going to cause a lot of controversy - I think, though, he will only be out until the court gives the final sentence - he may well have to go back inside - I hope. However, I heard that in the UK only 1% of cases rape reported to the police ever finally result in a prison sentence. Did I hear wrong? Can anyone correct me on this?
It’s around 1-2% yes.

It’s around 1-2% yes.
I was shocked when I heard it - and wasn't sure if I had heard correctly.
What can one say?
I'm not very clear about this but papers here are reporting that the person depositing the €1 million bail is Neymar's dad.

Dani Alves recurre al padre de Neymar para pagar la fianza y salir en libertad​

Last edited:
At the moment Alves is still in prison as he has not yet found the €1 million to pay bail. There have been rumours that Neymar's father was going to pay the money, but he has issued a statement denying this.

Is he not allowed to use his own money?
That's what I was thinking. Maybe he doesn't have 1 million in ready cash - his money might be all tied up in investments. Banks don't want to give him a loan due to reputational damage ( which is why Neymar's dad doesn't want to get involved). But this morning he's still in prison.
That's what I was thinking. Maybe he doesn't have 1 million in ready cash - his money might be all tied up in investments. Banks don't want to give him a loan due to reputational damage ( which is why Neymar's dad doesn't want to get involved). But this morning he's still in prison.

Update. Alves hasn't managed to find the 1 million euros and will spend the weekend in jail.

Last edited:

Back