Dance lessons for the lonely

It’s a great idea/scheme. My uncle joined that kind of class. He was my granddad’s full time carer, and when my grandad died he didn’t really have anything. He then had a massive heart attack.

In his recovery he realised he had to do something to get some kind of social circle so joined a dancing class and ended up meeting his lady friend/partner through it as well as a few close friends.

Last edited:
An ex work colleague of mine (he was a little strange like) started going to Salsa dancing a few years ago. Some Church Hall in Pittington.

Met a lass, knocked her up, married her and then a few years ago emigrated to New Zealand.

True story.

Last edited:
An ex work colleague of mine (he was a little strange like) started going to Salsa dancing a few years ago. Some Church Hall in Pittington.

Met a lass, knocked her up, married her and then a few years ago emigrated to New Zealand.

True story.
I've been reliably informed that the odds of finding a dancing partner at salsa classes are stacked highly in the gentleman's favour. They're fulla women who practically fight over the blokes for a dance.

Bet the person - who will no doubt meet the criteria of the 'Diversity Guidelines' - will probably be on more an hour than nurses for showing a couple of old Doris's how to two-step.

Bit of an odd take from that article.

Government announces crackpot initiative and think it's a waste of money.

I'm all for lonely people getting out and doing things, don't think it needs the state to take my money to give someone a cushy number when things like this already exist.

Back