Dan Neil injured

go back and watch the first half hour . How many times do you need to watch to know they can play ?
I don't need to go back and watch anything. Neil was better than him. In fact I'm pretty sure he got subbed. I've seen enough of Neil to suggest he's far better than you've ever gave him credit for

No it isn’t . I think Neil is a good player . I think he’s very nice to watch . He is very inconsistent in the last third and sometimes doesn’t get his head up under pressure . Wharton is doing more against world class players where it is quicker and more physical
Neil goes to pieces within 20 yards of goal, needs to improve on that. Good player as you say though.

That's a massive exaggeration. No doubt its an area to work on but 2 of his goals this season oozed class in front of goal
9 times out of 10 tho Neil has went to pot around the 18 yard box this season. Can't get away from that. Look, if he was the perfect player, he wouldn't be playing here. That's the reality. Not saying he isn't any good before anybody tries to twist it.

9 times out of 10 tho Neil has went to pot around the 18 yard box this season. Can't get away from that. Look, if he was the perfect player, he wouldn't be playing here. That's the reality. Not saying he isn't any good before anybody tries to twist it.
I don't agree with that. His shooting can definitely improve but those delicate finishes this season doesn't suggest a player that goes to pot in front of goal

I don't agree with that. His shooting can definitely improve but those delicate finishes this season doesn't suggest a player that goes to pot in front of goal
You are picking out 1 or 2 out of a whole season. He panics around the 18 yard box at times, there has been quite a few occasions of that this season.

You are picking out 1 or 2 out of a whole season. He panics around the 18 yard box at times, there has been quite a few occasions of that this season.
I don't agree. As those finishes demonstrate

No panic here

No panic here

Last edited:

Mind as much as I think the other posters is massively over hyping Wharton by going on like he's followed his career closely, as rubber face has said, Neil's shooting is bordering terrible, he gets into some good shooting positions and he almost skies every one of them. Scored some good goals this season though, but you could argue he should have more.

Not doubting Neil's quality either, as I think he could compete in the premier league no bother. But does need to work on his shooting.

Mind as much as I think the other posters is massively over hyping Wharton by going on like he's followed his career closely, as rubber face has said, Neil's shooting is bordering terrible, he gets into some good shooting positions and he almost skies every one of them. Scored some good goals this season though, but you could argue he should have more.

Not doubting Neil's quality either, as I think he could compete in the premier league no bother. But does need to work on his shooting.
I'm not denying that he could definitely improve. It's probably the biggest area he needs to. He's capable of it as he's demonstrated

I'm not denying that he could definitely improve. It's probably the biggest area he needs to. He's capable of it as he's demonstrated

Aye he's capable, he just doesn't show that capability often enough. Whether he just had the odd brain fart in front of goal I don't know. But I feel his shooting has been very below par for somebody with the capability

There's been a few this season. If you go or watch the games you will know.
All players can lose the ball around that area or have a mis-shot. I haven't seen much to make me think it's a repeat issue really.

I do think when he gets a one two on the edge of the box and gets through he tends to finish, which is a repeated thing he does

Do you have any in mind?

Back