Dan Neil injured

Why are people obsessed with all
Of our players leaving like 😂😂😂

He’s going nowhere man. He’s nowhere near prem standard. Wouldn’t worry about it

I've now seen Neil, Ballard, Clarke and Patterson declared to be nowhere near Prem standard or not ready for the Premier League by various posters on here. That's clearly not true of all of them as they're probably our best four players.

Dan Neil who went to TM and said I’m not leaving to sit on a bench somewhere in the Prem League and not play ?
He loves it here
He’s contracted until 2026 as well I believe ( summer ) ?

I've now seen Neil, Ballard, Clarke and Patterson declared to be nowhere near Prem standard or not ready for the Premier League by various posters on here. That's clearly not true of all of them as they're probably our best four players.
We are a very average championship side incase you hadn’t noticed

Very surprised if a team closer to the bottom of the league than the top has 4 prem class players like.

We are a very average championship side incase you hadn’t noticed

Very surprised if a team closer to the bottom of the league than the top has 4 prem class players like.

Yes, but there are obvious weaknesses in the squad, due to recruitment (and injuries in a couple of positions). Patterson's distribution isn't the best but the other three are comfortably good enough for mid-table top flight.

Context is everything though.
I agree they could do well in the prem with a great coach - like some of Klopp’s lot, Elliot, Jones, Bradley etc.
at the same time they’re not going to be a game-changing signing for anyone particularly suggesting no great rush for anyone to sign them.
So they’re both good enough and not good enough at the same time - Schrödinger’s Signings

Shame but at least we get to see Styles in his natural central midfield position now to see what we have.
We can send it back - I think.
Just because they are our best players doesn't mean hey are PL standard.

Last edited:
Why do people keep saying every fcker is gonna leave? 🤣
The bandwidth wasted on Clarkey “we’ll never see him in the short again” - two weeks later there he is.
Next season will probably be a brilliant one for SAFC. Nobody will want to leave
Im also not convinced Clarke moving is a given… I think he will struggle in the premier league and has to be the main man, I think clubs will be reluctant to part with 20 million tbh.

Yes, but there are obvious weaknesses in the squad, due to recruitment (and injuries in a couple of positions). Patterson's distribution isn't the best but the other three are comfortably good enough for mid-table top flight.
Have a look to see who’s mid table in the prem at the minute and let me know who the above three are displacing in them teams

Context is everything though.
I agree they could do well in the prem with a great coach - like some of Klopp’s lot, Elliot, Jones, Bradley etc.
at the same time they’re not going to be a game-changing signing for anyone particularly suggesting no great rush for anyone to sign them.
So they’re both good enough and not good enough at the same time - Schrödinger’s Signings

That's probably a good way of putting it. Really depends on the coach and the move. Clarke needs a club for which he'll get a lot of the ball, Ballard might be suited by bottom half, there's no reason why Neil can't be at a midtable club if it works well, given the way that Wharton has fitted in at Palace.

Only Neil I would say with confidence tbh, would have said cirkin too prior to his many injures.

Back