Daft dog got stung by a jellyfish

Looks like he is alright but tad worrying coming out of the sea and thinking the jellyfish was something he could pick up.
Secluded beach in Devon (no not look at me) but a distant walk over the cliff top.
Settled him down and washed his mouth with sea water. It’s been 3 hours now and already eaten 2 beef burgers thus think he is alright.

I know you have some big bastard jelly fish on the NE coast line. Anyone had or heard of the same situation?

Saw a few on the beach at Dawlish and Shaldon the other week down there. Always seems to be loads every summer down the Devon coast between Dawlish Warren & Brixham.

Saw a few on the beach at Dawlish and Shaldon the other week down there. Always seems to be loads every summer down the Devon coast between Dawlish Warren & Brixham.

Love Brixham.
We are further down, Hope Cove, lovely place.
However never seen it as busy, Salcombe was horrendous the other day. Quiet here and can walk over the cliffs to the beach in the evening. As the carpark closes at 8pm it gets empty which is perfect.
In fairness I think that particular poster has the dog piss on him 😀

Us Country folk are into everything.
“Man likes a golden shower from his Golden Labrador”
:lol:

Last edited:
Love Brixham.
We are further down, Hope Cove, lovely place.
However never seen it as busy, Salcombe was horrendous the other day. Quiet here and can walk over the cliffs to the beach in the evening. As the carpark closes at 8pm it gets empty which is perfect.

Us Country folk are into everything.
“Man likes a golden shower from his Golden Labrador”
:lol:

What's it taste like? :D

What's it taste like? :D

Give him a biscuit and you can find out :)
Glad to hear your pooch is feeling better fella xx

Back home now and snoring like a good un x.
Apparently yesterday just feet away from the beach a huge seal was spotted. For precautionary measures they were getting the little kids out of the water. Makes you think what could happen with a dog or kid splashing about in front of one of those big things. Must have been like Jaws mind.

Last edited:
Give him a biscuit and you can find out :)

Back home now and snoring like a good un x.
Apparently yesterday just feet away from the beach a huge seal was spotted. For precautionary measures they were getting the little kids out of the water. Makes you think what could happen with a dog or kid splashing about in front of one of those big things. Must have been like Jaws mind.
I love seals, stayed and comforted one as it was dying on a beach in Scotland when I was a kid (sorry it's not a happy story). They did the right thing though getting the kids out of the water as they can be aggro bitey bastards xx

Looks like he is alright but tad worrying coming out of the sea and thinking the jellyfish was something he could pick up.
Secluded beach in Devon (no not look at me) but a distant walk over the cliff top.
Settled him down and washed his mouth with sea water. It’s been 3 hours now and already eaten 2 beef burgers thus think he is alright.

I know you have some big bastard jelly fish on the NE coast line. Anyone had or heard of the same situation?
Should give him a few antihistamine next time m8, works wonders. Where I live in spain we get processionary caterpillars, right nasty twats, only way to treat their poison if dog gets them is to force a couple of antihistamines down her gullet, only needed to once but did the trick.

Last edited:
I got stung by a baby Portuguese Man O' War in Ibiza decades ago. Felt like someone had run a red hot poker over my skin. My Ma had it worse, had a big red weal across her chest.

I got stung by a baby Portuguese Man O' War in Ibiza decades ago. Felt like someone had run a red hot poker over my skin. My Ma had it worse, had a big red weal across her chest.

They are one of the worse aren’t they?
Thankfully the mutt didn’t encounter one of them.
He is out of it today, completely knackered after all that swimming in the sea. Lovely watching my youngest and him racing to get to a ball first. The dog virtually winning every time :)

Back