Cycling to loose weight.

• Thread starter where the end begins
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

where the end begins

Been made unemployed recently and figured a good way to spend some of my spare time as well as job hunting would be to shed a few pounds that i didnt have time for while i was employed.

I've borrowed a bike off my missus' dad and wondered if doing a cycle every day would do the trick if accompanied with a balanced diet im around 14st fairly broad and there is a good amount of muscle underneath the fat :lol: just wanting to loose some weight (2st) for the summer comming.

What are the best cycle routines to loose weight/fat? long rides at a slow pace? short rides at a fast pace or in the middle? i used to run but i kept getting muscular pains and it ruined my footballing activities every saturday because i was always nursing them.

HELP!!!:eek:

Without doubt a great way to lose weight.Just don't overdo it at first and sicken yersel off.Keep it varied,distances and routes.As long as you're enjoying it you'll keep going out and the weight will fly off.

You'll get more benefit out of doing shorter more intensive rides made up of a warm up and a warm down. With hard intervals or hill intervals in the middle. You'll get fitter faster that way.

But part of the joy of cycling is nice long rides in the beautiful british countryside so mixing it up with longer rides will make you enjoy losing the weight more.

Thanks for all the tips! I'll take them on board and... Get on my bike, as they tend to say.

Could anyone elaborate on what they call a long/short cycle?? I managed to do a fairly moderate 8 mile cycle yesterday, few hills too. But I have no idea wheather or not that is good..

Are there any good diet plans to follow to enhance fat loss and still keep the energy?

Suppose it just depends on your level of fitness, i'd say 8 miles is a short distance but if you keep it at you'll soon be going greater distances than that.

Thanks for all the tips! I'll take them on board and... Get on my bike, as they tend to say.

Could anyone elaborate on what they call a long/short cycle?? I managed to do a fairly moderate 8 mile cycle yesterday, few hills too. But I have no idea wheather or not that is good..

Are there any good diet plans to follow to enhance fat loss and still keep the energy?

I would class 8 miles as a warm up. It's all personal. For me Short is anything up to 20 miles.

For Diets:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128133&pf_rd_i=468294

I've got this aswell which might be useful if you can only manage short rides:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128133&pf_rd_i=468294

I didn't push myself for the 8.... Just wanted to get back :lol:

Yesterday I done a short 4 mile to asda and back in the morning. Only done a short one because I had football training in the evening, unfortunately that was cancelled so I'm going to have to push myself today.

Gonna buy an exercise bike after my holiday. Don't want a flimsy cheap one but the gym-like ones are £400+ and that.

Boring sitting on a exercise bike, would you not get more enjoyment out of a mountain bike?

Nowt better than just hitting the roads or trails with music on and especially when the weather is nice.

Boring sitting on a exercise bike, would you not get more enjoyment out of a mountain bike?

Nowt better than just hitting the roads or trails with music on and especially when the weather is nice.

This.But without the music.

Just prefer the exercise bike tbh to go along with all the other gym equipment i've aquired.

Scott1CG said:
Just prefer the exercise bike tbh to go along with all the other gym equipment i've aquired.

Buy a road bike and a turbo trainer. Then you can set it up in your gym room on the turbo but also have the option to ride it outside whenever you want.

Buy a road bike and a turbo trainer. Then you can set it up in your gym room on the turbo but also have the option to ride it outside whenever you want.

For the price of a bike + one of them i could buy a proper gym-like exercise bike!

Just pick a place not too far away you fancy visiting. Amble along at your own speed, get there, have a sarnie, amble back. Just go at your own speed, you'll find "your own speed" gets faster and the places you visit get further away. - just enjoy it, no need for a training regime, just ride as often as you can.

SproutMackem said:
Just pick a place not too far away you fancy visiting. Amble along at your own speed, get there, have a sarnie, amble back. Just go at your own speed, you'll find "your own speed" gets faster and the places you visit get further away. - just enjoy it, no need for a training regime, just ride as often as you can.

I deffo agree with this the last couple of days I've been traveling about 5 mile to somwhere I can sit and have a 5 min break then come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back