Cyberpunk 2.0 (Act 1 specifically)

MunkyHeed

Striker
So I bought CP a week or so ago. Still trying to get my head round it tbh. No idea how perks/XP etc work yet, but have just completed Act 1.
I'm pretty lost as to what's happened if I'm honest!

I've done the mission to get the chip. My compadre has died in the back of the taxi. I went to see the dude that gave me the mission, then he shot me. Then lots of weird shit happened involving being on a stage, blowing up a building then being driven round in a car by a Japanese (?) fella, shooting at angry things on motorbikes that have blades for hands. Turns out the chip in my head is going to take me over, then I'll die... I'm now recuperating in my apartment, about to start Act II
It's the bit underlined above I'm not clear on... what's the context here in relation to the story so far? Was I Johnny Silverhand for ALL of this part, or just a few bits? Can someone explain (or am I SUPPOSED to be confused, and I'll find out later? I'd prefer for no spoilers if that's the case!)
Cheers.

Last edited:

So I bought CP a week or so ago. Still trying to get my head round it tbh. No idea how perks/XP etc work yet, but have just completed Act 1.

I've done the mission to get the chip. My compadre has died in the back of the taxi. I went to see the dude that gave me the mission, then he shot me. Then lots of weird shit happened involving being on a stage, blowing up a building then being driven round in a car by a Japanese (?) fella, shooting at angry things on motorbikes that have blades for hands. Turns out the chip in my head is going to take me over, then I'll die... I'm now recuperating in my apartment, about to start Act II
It's the bit underlined above I'm not clear on... what's the context here in relation to the story so far? Was I Johnny Silverhand for ALL of this part, or just a few bits? Can someone explain (or am I SUPPOSED to be confused, and I'll find out later? I'd prefer for no spoilers if that's the case!)
Cheers.
You were reliving a memory of silver hands if it's the bit I'm thinking of.

Cheers.

As far as I remember, that's just basically a back story for Silverhand so it isn't like "who the fuck is this bloke?" when he starts appearing. I think that part is supposed to be
Silverhands consciousness basically saving you when Dexter kills you

@BaldockMackem

I think the Ripperdoc confirms what you've said in 'spoiler' right after the incident. I've just played through that bit the other week so I really should remember.

Playing through this again on 2.1 and seems as though there's a bunch of new roads and missions, unless I've just forgot. The new skill tree is way better now. It's almost like playing it for the first time again.

Just playing it through again now and have the DLC installed too. They've improved it a lot, there's still the odd glitch but what game doesn't have those. Great game.

JUst played through the first bit of the DLC. OMG it goes full on Uncharted/Horizon at times. Can't wait to see what's next.

About 6 hours into the full game, still not sure what route to go with my character. What attributes to level up etc.
It's all down to preferemce tbh. Whatever you choose there's always a path to complete that mission, whether that be using a strength perk to prise a door open or net runner perk to hack the door.

Back