curry paste or powder

eating healthy after a pre diabetic diagnosis.

loads of recipies online ask you to use a curry paste or powder. I am not keen on using supermarket stuff that has loads of additives and preservitives in it. Any northeast shops that people can recomend to but this from?
 Options

1. Use whole spices and make a powder for your kitchen. Make a curry

2. Use whole spices coriander seed, cardamoms, cumin, fenugreek and add a teaspoon (ish) of pataks of your choice (tikka massala is good)

I don't think anyone would be too upset if they had to eat Indian food only for the rest of their lives.

3rd world food is usually healthy and stats are good for low rates of "western Disease" such as Diabetes and Alzheimers etc

What you fuel your body with is up to you but I doubt processed shite (heavily marketed) is healthier.

Surely a Mediterranean or Japanese diet is better.

There's lots of carbohydrates, unclarified fats and sugar in south Asian food, which along with smoking is why that part of the world suffers from some of the highest incedences of type-2 diabetes in the world.

Surely a Mediterranean or Japanese diet is better.

There's lots of carbohydrates, unclarified fats and sugar in south Asian food, which along with smoking is why that part of the world suffers from some of the highest incedences of type-2 diabetes in the world.

Would've thought Japanese diet would typically have a fuck load of carbs as well
I don't think anyone would be too upset if they had to eat Indian food only for the rest of their lives.

3rd world food is usually healthy and stats are good for low rates of "western Disease" such as Diabetes and Alzheimers etc

What you fuel your body with is up to you but I doubt processed shite (heavily marketed) is healthier.

Loads of diets in such countries are sub-par, but high activity and lower obesity (in general) offsets a lot of things. Activity and control of body fat levels are huge.

Last edited:
You wont find much procesed food her, in comparison to Europe. The locals are all about fresh veg. The down side is their addiction to fried foods. They don't 'do' ovens here. it's either steamed or fried.

My point is they eat mostly from nature and they do evening exercise as it's safe to go outside in the evening for elderly and children. This is the greatest compliment I could give China.
Spanish and Italian food, I wouldn't mind being stuck on that either haha

Would've thought Japanese diet would typically have a fuck load of carbs as well

They've got a terrible problem (in some ways) atm with the population living to a ripe old age, mainly due to their diet.

That's balanced out by hardly eating any fats and traditionally smaller portions. The only carbs they eat in large quantities is boiled rice. Compare that with south Asia where lots of carbs (pakoras, somosas, poppadoms etc) are deep fried.

That was all my point was tbf. That it's not so much the carbs that is the issue, it's foods rich in both carbs and fats.

That was all my point was tbf. That it's not so much the carbs that is the issue, it's foods rich in both carbs and fats.

Smoking was another big factor when I was doing research into it years ago. Summat like one in three male adults in south Asia were smokers. The figure in Japan was about one in six.

eating healthy after a pre diabetic diagnosis.

loads of recipies online ask you to use a curry paste or powder. I am not keen on using supermarket stuff that has loads of additives and preservitives in it. Any northeast shops that people can recomend to but this from?
Eating your curry with brown rice rather than white will have a greater effect on your blood sugar levels.

Thanks for the tip s , I also don't eat any rice, potato, bread or pasta, for the same reasons . Also no meat either. I made a lental curry earlier and it was really nice, although I used too many lental s. I can see the endless variations ahead.

I will have a go at creating my own curry mix as I can see me using a lot of it. I can store it with my vacuum sealer bags and it will last a year

Back