curry paste or powder

Cyrus

Winger
eating healthy after a pre diabetic diagnosis.

loads of recipies online ask you to use a curry paste or powder. I am not keen on using supermarket stuff that has loads of additives and preservitives in it. Any northeast shops that people can recomend to but this from?

loads of recipies online ask you to use a curry paste or powder. I am not keen on using supermarket stuff that has loads of additives and preservitives in it. Any northeast shops that people can recomend to but this from?
Get yourself a wet and dry grinder . Quick heat up of whole spice in a frying pan , cool, grind to powder , chuck in chillis , ginger , garlic , odd time fresh coriander , coconut, onion or cashew if required , wet grind . Bingo, not an additive in sight plus you get the taste you want

Last edited:
What type of thing are you making? Is it asking for a curry powder to be added a recipe? Or are you after a single mix of spices to make a curry?

This is a decent general Curry Mix Powder

What type of thing are you making? Is it asking for a curry powder to be added a recipe? Or are you after a single mix of spices to make a curry?

This is a decent general Curry Mix Powder
I made this a while ago and still going strong

Hutchinson’s on Chester Road has got every spice powder known to man. Just don’t buy any meat from there

Not sure if it's still there ,Chinese shop in the town sells all that sort of stuff, that's if your from sunlun like

Just lookin at doing some chic pea, lental , ttoe of bases and putting in whatever veg I have
If its veg I'd just use powders . Pastes are more useful for marinading meat curries . If youre near an asian grocer some sambar powder might be useful

And if your using pulses some panch puran mix seeds will be a useful addition to the powders

I don't think anyone would be too upset if they had to eat Indian food only for the rest of their lives.

3rd world food is usually healthy and stats are good for low rates of "western Disease" such as Diabetes and Alzheimers etc

What you fuel your body with is up to you but I doubt processed shite (heavily marketed) is healthier.

I don't think anyone would be too upset if they had to eat Indian food only for the rest of their lives.

3rd world food is usually healthy and stats are good for low rates of "western Disease" such as Diabetes and Alzheimers etc

What you fuel your body with is up to you but I doubt processed shite (heavily marketed) is healthier.
I tend to eat it 4 days a week minimum . Can be ok but you need to stick to chicken and fish ( keep off the fatty pork and mince) and keep the butter/oil/creams down . White rice or buttered breads ( naan , paratha ) not fantastic either .
Some of the dry veggie side dishes you can make are really good though , with cabbage and the like

Last edited:

Back