Curry in London.... recommendations please!

Tayaabs is a great experience and something different. It's massive inside, quite a small menu and you can just take a bag of beers with you as they don't serve alcohol inside. Food is good.

Friday and Saturday night might not be best for the kids as it suits big groups and can get rowdy later on.
Sounds like Taybarns with poppadoms

Mrs C had the Biriyani and my son had the Ruby Murray which was Madras heat. Go figure

Yeah just had a look at the menu and there was a few things that I recognised more than when I went. I would still recommend anyone to have a butcher's at it before going.

Tayaabs is a great experience and something different. It's massive inside, quite a small menu and you can just take a bag of beers with you as they don't serve alcohol inside. Food is good.

Friday and Saturday night might not be best for the kids as it suits big groups and can get rowdy later on.
Still good but now a patch on what it used to be.. good experinece though

How much is a curry in Londinium now. Must be getting on for 50 notes.

suprisingly I find them not much different price wise to when I'm up north

7-9 quid for a main like a Jalfrezi bit less if you just want plain old chicken curry..

rice about 2-3 quid a portion..

I took daughter out last week and bill was £44 for the two of us.. that was Poppodums with the dips, onion bhaji and chicekn tikka to start.. she had Chicken something.. I had Lamb tikka, two naans, two pints of Cobra and a coupel soft drinks... and then a free drink on the house at the end

Thank you Mr HC! Hope you are keeping safe and well 😊

🤣

Yeah he does, but it's not a suprise as he doesn't like them. 🙄😆
I'm fine thanks, if a little overworked.
I'm off on Friday & Saturday, so I'll get some rest then.
Great to see you still posting on here.
Take care and enjoy your weekend. 👍x

Not really a chain, only about 4 of them I think, but Dishoom is really good.

Everyone says that but I can't get away with it.

Its almost like a curry house for people that don't like curry.
Aladdins in Brick Lane. Possibly the best curry I've ever had😁

Have to second this. Had a madras from there and it was epic.
Brilliant, thank you all for your ideas, I'll check them out and get something booked up. Much appreciated. 😊

Cinnamon Club in Westminster if you want want push the boat out.

Last edited:
Heading down to London in a few weeks for a family break..... can anyone recommend a curry house please? We're staying in the City, but could travel a little bit. Would like something a bit special, or maybe street food style, as it's the hubbys birthday.

As we're down for a few days, if there are any other restaurants (not chains) in central London that are not too fancy and good for us + kids, feel free to suggest those as well!

Thank you x
Don't go to London. It's a dump.

Back