Cup final build up on Sky.

I don't see it that way, we as fans put more than enough money into this club to demand more. It's not snobbery, we are where we are, but partaking in this final for a second time is embarrassing.

I will watch, I may even start getting excited on the day, I would have probably gone, but on the grand scheme of things I wont be too fussed if we dont win it. Some people are treating it like we are in a major final. I'll sky plus the antiques roadshow

As far as embarrassment goes, I think it'd be more embarrassing to get knocked out in the earlier rounds.

Well despite some of the comments on here, I'm looking forward to the final. It's been said many times, we are where we are and there's no god given right for us to be anywhere else. To get out of this league we have to earn it, perhaps we'll do it this season but in the meantime we have a chance, a very good chance of winning some silverware this season.

The semi final was a big game for me, even me Dad was into it, and he has been disillusioned last few years.

Its been an awful year, football not great either, I dont care if others outside Sunderland will mock this trophy, a show piece game at Wembley that we can all watch in the middle of a pandemic is great stuff

cant wait for it personally, and getting to Wembley has 100% lifted the mood of the fans and club, combined with the takeover.

Next you’ll be wishing Danny Graham was playing. Seriously why would anyone want to watch a build up of this man. Sad as fuck you.
Would make a change from watching the usual w@nkfest over Liverpool, City, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs which is done to death before every game.

Personally, I usually record games, start after the kneeling, FF through half time and delete on final whistle.

I also watch MOTD in about 15-20 mins.

Some right precious wankers on here (and a few mags). It’s a Tin pot cup, it involves youth teams and lower league first teams. It is by the very nature a 2nd rate trophy. It is not embarrassing we are in the final, it is embarrassing the club has fallen so far in such a short space of time. We as fans all want to win it but also would prefer promotion and personally speaking will not be too bothered if we lose. What is embarrassing is those fans blowing it up into something it’s not, worrying about pre match build up etc. There will be more people watch premier league games on sky than will watch the pizza cup. Let’s not forget the 2020 final is the day before ffs. Perspective is needed.

Some right precious wankers on here (and a few mags). It’s a Tin pot cup, it involves youth teams and lower league first teams. It is by the very nature a 2nd rate trophy. It is not embarrassing we are in the final, it is embarrassing the club has fallen so far in such a short space of time. We as fans all want to win it but also would prefer promotion and personally speaking will not be too bothered if we lose. What is embarrassing is those fans blowing it up into something it’s not, worrying about pre match build up etc. There will be more people watch premier league games on sky than will watch the pizza cup. Let’s not forget the 2020 final is the day before ffs. Perspective is needed.

A trophy is a trophy. And it still beats the Airport Cup that the mags have in their cabinet
What's on before? Personally I can't stand the build-up when it goes on but 15 minutes seems a bit short for a final.

Takeshi’s castle

Last edited:
Who has said they would prefer the cup win to promotion ?
Given we are in it as a L1 team why the fuck can fans, especially with the shit of the last year not enjoy it ffs ???

What's on before? Personally I can't stand the build-up when it goes on but 15 minutes seems a bit short for a final.

Sheff Wed Norwich ko 1215 so ending around 2.

Regarding the build up id generally be there so couldnt give a toss normally but that seems pisspoor.

Pompey Salford same crack.

Sheff Wed Norwich ko 1215 so ending around 2.

Regarding the build up id generally be there so couldnt give a toss normally but that seems pisspoor.

Pompey Salford same crack.
45 minutes of analysis for the bigger 12.15 game, then 15 minutes of preview for ours. Seems fair to be honest.

Back