Crowds

Tin Soldier

Striker
Talk of a national lockdown in a couple of weeks so probably no pubs, yet experimenting with limited crowds at matches ? Probably queuing for beer in concourses ?? WTF ??

I’m not a fan of the government, but it’s too easy to pick holes in plans that involves the management of 65m people. Attempts are being made on a very small scale to get people back into watching their football team. I think most football supporters would welcome that & if an experiment is done this weekend then shelved until they can pick it up again at a later date, so be it, it’s progress, they’ve learnt from it.

However it’s rocky ground to start critical argument when you’re using the words “talk of” & “probably”. Basically, they’re seeing, rightly or wrongly, whether they can progress a situation, but the criticism of it is based on conjecture

Last edited:
Crowds won’t be back anytime soon. even so, the trials are for 1000 fans in a football stadium ! It’s sufficent social distancing ffs

I thought the stadium concourses would not be selling beer/food?

As an aside, I can see protests coming like Spain and Germany have had. I definitely see the tide turning to more and more people that think the restrictions are disproportionate/wrong. Even people that were rabid lockdown fans at the start

I’m not a fan of the government, but it’s too easy to pick holes in plans that involves the management of 65m people. Attempts are being made on a very small scale to get people back into watching their football team. I think most football supporters would welcome that & if an experiment is done this weekend then shelved until they can pick it up again at a later date, so be it, it’s progress, they’ve learnt from it.

However it’s rocky ground to start critical argument when you’re using the words “talk of” & “probably”. Basically, they’re seeing, rightly or wrongly, whether they can progress a situation, but the criticism of it is based on conjecture
Football has its head in the sand man ! Just read that manager of Connah’s Quay Nomads ? Playing Dinamo Tiblisi in a Europa League qualifier had to turn a blind eye to players turning up feeling unwell ! The game went ahead despite 4 players having tested positive ! I have no doubt this will have happen elsewhere.
Crowds won’t be back anytime soon. even so, the trials are for 1000 fans in a football stadium ! It’s sufficent social distancing ffs
Most will be in the same stand and probably using the same kiosk for beer !!!

Last edited:

You talk shite.

Football has its head in the sand man ! Just read that manager of Connah’s Quay Nomads ? Playing Dinamo Tiblisi in a Europa League qualifier had to turn a blind eye to players turning up feeling unwell ! The game went ahead despite 4 players having tested positive ! I have no doubt this will have happen elsewhere.

Most will be in the same stand and probably using the same kiosk for beer !!!
Football doesn’t have its head in the sand . It quickly and ahead of the government stopped the season . All games since then have been without anyone in and played in a bubble . They have now identified a plan to allow limited numbers into stadiums and they have sold this alongside the government and cautiously and at cost . They regally haven’t had their heads in the sand

Hancock is absolutely lost the pressure is building on him for another national lockdown so match crowds however small will stop
He’s been lost since the day he was elected. There’s a dozen in the same boat. Useful idiot fall guys to be chucked overboard to distract attention every now and then. Even if he was an honest truth telling genius it’s a big ask all round.
As you say there’ll be no crowds at all soon. Maybe in time for Xmas in the PL?
Another national lockdown and I think the seasons over at our level.

Love how it's all the governments fault, we must govern the whole world as its on the increase everywhere apart from Sweden, who funnily enough used a herd immunity to control it.

The very thing Johnson was accused of trying to do and blasted for by everyone saying it wouldn't work.........................

I cant visit family but can go to a football match, think the government has lost the plot big time
With hindsight, other than furlough and help for small businesses I’m not sure they ever had it in the first place.
I think it’s getting them there and away again they’re worried about. They are relying on people being sensible.

Last edited by a moderator:
With hindsight, other than furlough and help for small businesses I’m not sure they ever had it in the first place.

I think it’s getting them there and away again they’re worried about. They are relying on people being sensible.

If people were sensible, we wouldn't be seeing local lockdowns. When you have Covidiots like Tim Martin refusing to properly implement distancing in his pubs, and not even deep cleaning them when his staff get infected, what chance have we got?

If people were sensible, we wouldn't be seeing local lockdowns. When you have Covidiots like Tim Martin refusing to properly implement distancing in his pubs, and not even deep cleaning them when his staff get infected, what chance have we got?
Slim to zero in my opinion mate.

Slim to zero in my opinion mate.

To cheer you up, and let you know that some organisations are taking things seriously, here's a pic from the second of our two one hour rehearsals last night (two separate groups of no more than 30 singers)

Logon or register to see this image

For the avoidance of doubt, the two at bottom left are father and daughter.

And, yes, we did sing wearing facemasks.

To cheer you up, and let you know that some organisations are taking things seriously, here's a pic from the second of our two one hour rehearsals last night (two separate groups of no more than 30 singers)

Logon or register to see this image

For the avoidance of doubt, the two at bottom left are father and daughter.

And, yes, we did sing wearing facemasks.
😁😁 Excellent mate. Great stuff.

Back