Cricket bats for the new season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poolynorm

Central Defender
Has anyone bought a new bat for the upcoming season? If so where from following the closure of the Cricket Superstore aka Justsport😀 I would imagine the prices will be scary and a far distance of the old white coated Slazengers or old style Gunn and Moore ones in the team bag.

Has anyone bought a new bat for the upcoming season? If so where from following the closure of the Cricket Superstore aka Justsport😀 I would imagine the prices will be scary and a far distance of the old white coated Slazengers or old style Gunn and Moore ones in the team bag.

I bought my last one off eBay, it was a ‘second’ from Australia. Probably just had a wonky sticker or the wrong colour grain of willow on it somewhere. Basically a £300 bat which I got for £80.

Served me fine for a couple of seasons now.

On a similar topic, I’m after some new spikes if anyone has any recommendations ;)

I bought my last one off eBay, it was a ‘second’ from Australia. Probably just had a wonky sticker or the wrong colour grain of willow on it somewhere. Basically a £300 bat which I got for £80.

On a similar topic, I’m after some new spikes if anyone has any recommendations ;)
New payntr ones are getting good reviews, thinking of getting them myself.

New payntr ones are getting good reviews, thinking of getting them myself.
Ive just ordered those today, the bodyline 124 model. Had a few of the older pairs which were really light and comfortable but hardlys lasted 1 season. From what ive read these are more robust.

Ive just ordered those today, the bodyline 124 model. Had a few of the older pairs which were really light and comfortable but hardlys lasted 1 season. From what ive read these are more robust.
Aye that’s what’s been mentioned on the reviews I’ve seen on YouTube mate, think I’ll get the all rounder ones before the season.

Reactions: WCC

Logon or register to see this image

https://postimg.cc/mzQMR5nm
Got this blank RS off the custombats forum for 75 quid.

Logon or register to see this image

https://postimg.cc/mzQMR5nm
Got this blank RS off the custombats forum for 75 quid.
That forum is full of bat nerds - I've been on there for years!!

I've started a little business refurbing my own bats - Monument Cricket on Facebook if anyone is after getting their old bats tarted up for the new season.

Hoping to start making my own bats a little further down the line as well.

That forum is full of bat nerds - I've been on there for years!!

I've started a little business refurbing my own bats - Monument Cricket on Facebook if anyone is after getting their old bats tarted up for the new season.

Hoping to start making my own bats a little further down the line as well.
Yeah ive been on there years aswell. Good stuff mate, i usually refurb my own bats or the odd team mates aswell, enjoyable actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back