Creating a new hospitality section

Maybe so but i asked for an example of an ambitious club that reduces the size of their ground rather than expanding it?Its a simple answer really there isnt one!...........whatever we do it will be done on the cheap amd look a right lopsided mess unless we add some seats as well!Your not going to attract premium supporters to watch mediocre crap on the pitch so it will mostly done to attract concert business!
The buffalo bills & Tennessee Titans in NFL are doing exactly this

Any wizz kids on here able to produce a graphic of the east stand with boxes fitted at the back?
There isn't enough space to put boxes in at the back under the current roof unless they built them out of the back of the current perimeter of the stand or take away rows 37-44 like the West/NWC/SWC but then they losing 2,000 seats. If the Stadium is completed Level 2 would be probably Bars like the BCB where you walk out and down to your seats like below

There isn't enough space to put boxes in at the back under the current roof unless they built them out of the back of the current perimeter of the stand or take away rows 37-44 like the West/NWC/SWC but then they losing 2,000 seats. If the Stadium is completed Level 2 would be probably Bars like the BCB where you walk out and down to your seats like below
That looks good but i personally doubt they will do it to a "good standard"(there will be more boxes and few seats if any ) as just good enough ot "that will do" is their motto in all things not porto cabin but not far off! love to see the actual plans on the brigh/thopeful side?.. didnt Bob Murrey get a look and was impressed?
Do the club own the car park and road alongside the east stand..if not there is not much room to expand out!some bugger would complain!

Last edited:
That looks good but i personally doubt they will do it to a "good standard"(there will be more boxes and few seats if any ) as just good enough ot "that will do" is their motto in all things not porto cabin but not far off! love to see the actual plans on the brigh/thopeful side?.. didnt Bob Murrey get a look and was impressed?

Do the club own the car park and road alongside the east stand..if not there is not much room to expand out!some bugger would complain!
You could put a treble tier in the space of the east stand car park then some...loadsa room there

The Car Park behind the East Stand is owned by the (HCA) The Homes and Communities Agency but there isn't actually a named official road as such there, its flat land with road markings and SAFC have the long term lease and if needed would be able to extend out to accommodate any expansion. I know Bob Murray recently had a meeting with the Council about the Sheepfolds development incurring onto to the land south of Millennium Way as he was concerned it could hamper the future development of the South Stand.

Gerrit built.

The Car Park behind the East Stand is owned by the (HCA) The Homes and Communities Agency but there isn't actually a named official road as such there, its flat land with road markings and SAFC have the long term lease and if needed would be able to extend out to accommodate any expansion. I know Bob Murray recently had a meeting with the Council about the Sheepfolds development incurring onto to the land south of Millennium Way as he was concerned it could hamper the future development of the South Stand.
How " recently"?? ...why would he do this ? i thought he was only involved with the charity work for foundation?

Quality! :D :D

Clubs with ambition expand their arenas not downsize....I cannot think of another example can you?
Juventus knocked down a stadium built for the 1990 world cup holding 67,000 and replaced it with a stadium smaller than ours on the same site.
Juventus clearly have no 'ambition'.

Last edited:
Sunderland City Council Planning Consultation for the Riverside Development
Bobs comments page 19-22 - believe it was back end of 2020 when all the plans were being developed for Sheepfolds
Manchester city also did it to put in those extra advertising hoardings to make them look double the size, so there's two clubs, not none whatsoever
And that was after they actually added them extra 3 rows back in 2015 to the bottom of the stands. Obviously make more cash from advertising that bums on seats.

Last edited:
That's sexier then margot robbie shagging scarlett Johansson

Sunderland City Council Planning Consultation for the Riverside Development
Bobs comments page 19-22 - believe it was back end of 2020 when all the plans were being developed for Sheepfolds

And that was after they actually added them extra 3 rows back in 2015 to the bottom of the stands. Obviously make more cash from advertising that bums on seats.
Man city with all their years of success do not fill their ground every week ..they have reached saturation point in terms of fan numbers..nomatter what they do in terms of success they cannot increase the gates ...........I would suggest that if sunderland had had the success man city had we would also reach a similar barrier as there is only so many people interested in football in the region and a lot of folk cannot afford it.... we get around 40 thousand every week to watch dross imagine how many we could attract if we were competitive.........The sol would be a magnificent place to watch football if it was expanded to the 6300 ( the ground would just look right)but i doubt we would ever fill it every week even with the success of man city!But what a stadium we would have to be proud of.......Personaly i think if they are adding boxes to the east stand it will be a lost opportunity if they dont add seats as well as it would only be a small part of the overall cost and would keep the symmetry of the ground intact!

East Stand car park is owned by the club. The road on the side away from the ground is public.

Juventus knocked down a stadium built for the 1990 world cup holding 67,000 and replaced it with a stadium smaller than ours on the same site.
Juventus clearly have no 'ambition'.
Why on earth would they do that unless the rushed 1990 building was not fit for purpose?
East Stand car park is owned by the club. The road on the side away from the ground is public.
so disco is wrong?
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Why on earth would they do that unless the rushed 1990 building was not fit for purpose?

so disco is wrong?
Logon or register to see this image
Much will depend on the terms of the lease the club has. There were clearly no problems in extending the North Stand, and the club has had outline planning permission for extending the East and South Stand since Murray was owner. In practical terms, any extensions shouldn't have planning problems.

Back