Creatine mono hydrate or ethyl Esther?

Status
Not open for further replies.

offmenut

Striker
I bought the Ethel Esther recently, partly as it was more expensive so I perhaps stupidly thought it would be better?

It tastes f***ing rancid like, and personally I'm not sure it's working that well for us.
Anyone have any insight into which one is best?
I think I'm back on the mono hydrate after I've finished this bag.

Monohydrate, one of the few tried, tested and conclusively benefitial supplements on gym performance. Also, extremely cheap. I'd advise trying to buy it from Germany.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monohydrate, one of the few tried, tested and conclusively benefitial supplements on gym performance. Also, extremely cheap. I'd advise trying to buy it from Germany.

Do you know much about the Ethel Esther?
I've usually been getting stuff off eBay.
The last couple have been muscleform (or sonething similar) about 12quid for 500g.

What German stuff, and what makes it better?

German creatine is going to be a cleaner & purer. Chinese creatine is much more likely to be contaminated. Go with Creapure.

There are a load of other types of creatine, but creatine monohydrate is the most extensively researched supplement out there and it just seems like a lot of companys try to market other forms of creatine as superior at a higher price.

Not an expert on the subject but i did read somewhere that a high percentage of the creatine you take just passes straight through before it has a chance to be taken up by the body. The article recommended using "micronized" creatine which is basically just very fine particles of creatine, which in theory leads to a higher uptake.

Not an expert on the subject but i did read somewhere that a high percentage of the creatine you take just passes straight through before it has a chance to be taken up by the body. The article recommended using "micronized" creatine which is basically just very fine particles of creatine, which in theory leads to a higher uptake.

Is it not soluble then?

So it's not soluble then?

Again, i'm no expert.....my eyes (and stomach) tell me that regular creatine mixed in cold water is not soluble..........micronized creatine mixed in hot water APPEARS to be MORE soluble....it does however taste f***ing foul hence i use fruit juice in the mix. Apparently you can get "Crea-Sol" which is 95% soluble and this is achieved by changing the PH of the water it is mixed with. However it doesn't seem to be available here.

Alternatively you could mix your creatine with fruit juice and fizzy water or even Alka Seltzer to give an effervescent creatine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back