Craft Beer

Believe it or not but I am classed as a super taster I got tested at the Times Wine Fair. The problem for me is craft beers are too fragrant for my palate. They are nice but they can never be a session beer for me. When I go to a Brew Dog pub I have to drink the bitter that is nearest to Guinness. I went to Rok where the Sharps brewery is and they only had their beer. Wolf Rock IPA was too much. I like Atlantic in low volumes. We went to Nathan Gunn's pub and paid 70.00 quid for sharing steak, chips and onion rings had better in the William Jameson.

Belie:lol::rolleyes:ve it or not but I am classed as a super taster I got tested at the Times Wine Fair. The problem for me is craft beers are too fragrant for my palate. They are nice but they can never be a session beer for me. When I go to a Brew Dog pub I have to drink the bitter that is nearest to Guinness. I went to Rok where the Sharps brewery is and they only had their beer. Wolf Rock IPA was too much. I like Atlantic in low volumes. We went to Nathan Gunn's pub and paid 70.00 quid for sharing steak, chips and onion rings had better in the William Jameson.
Look at me I'm super. Pathetic. :rolleyes:

And a wino.

Had a pint of Café Racer ( Coffee and vanilla porter ) by Fierce , in Mean Eyed Cat in Newcastle the other week , highly recommended , had it in cask form in Leeds last week as well.

Believe it or not but I am classed as a super taster I got tested at the Times Wine Fair. The problem for me is craft beers are too fragrant for my palate. They are nice but they can never be a session beer for me. When I go to a Brew Dog pub I have to drink the bitter that is nearest to Guinness. I went to Rok where the Sharps brewery is and they only had their beer. Wolf Rock IPA was too much. I like Atlantic in low volumes. We went to Nathan Gunn's pub and paid 70.00 quid for sharing steak, chips and onion rings had better in the William Jameson.

Genuinely don’t know what to make of this :lol:

Most of wander Beyond beers are way too sweet for my taste although I’ve got one of these and one of the raspberry imperial stout to try.

Could be a liquified dig shit and if they said it had vanilla and chilli in it I would be all over it.

Many of my favourite red wines include 'hints of vanilla'.

Mind, Northern Monk are my faves when it comes new beers. Never done a bad one yet IMO.

Last edited:
Adnams Mosaic Pale Ale 69p a can in Home Bargains. Had plenty in earlier.

Nee idea what it's like mind.

Which branch? I cleared the shelf the other day at the one near the Queen Alexandra Bridge and they didn't replenish the next time I went back for more.

It's not bad. Certainly worth the money for a session beer.

Back