Craft Beer

And what a cracking location.

Heads up for the match on Sunday. Vaux have a new NEIPA on, and drumroll for the stoutheeds…….

An impy mccolls x s43 collab Mollinillo 11.3% :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

What with the Wylams offerings in the dun cow, really looking forward to Sunday
Is the NEIPA the new can that dropped?
See Vocation are now in B&M

The Guinness Coffee is everywhere now too. Might buy a few cans of that for Stone Valley next week.
Honest opinion, I'd swerve the coffee Guinness. Had it a few times now, and nah, I'm not having it.

Last edited:

Exactly.

Given I've just spunked twenty notes on three Verdants I'd say that's a good move.

Few and far between from my gambles.
That’s true like. That’s the only one I’d say was good.

At best the rest were passable.

Actually, I liked the Barney’s Marshmallow stout they used to get in for the festivals.

Two finds this weekend

1. Pina colada sour by Vocation. Currently sat in fridge for tomorrow night.

2. Pink lemonade sour by Thornbridge. A ludicrous 89p from Herons. Pre-chilled so that’s my Friday night beer.

Anyone had the pina colada sour?

Is the NEIPA the new can that dropped?

Honest opinion, I'd swerve the coffee Guinness. Had it a few times now, and nah, I'm not having it.
I’ve had it, it’s ok. But I’m looking for cheap low abv cans for next weekend. At Stone Valley, 3 days of camping & drinking. Not taking good beer to that. Think I’ll mix it between the Guinness Coffee & Murphys.

I’ve had it, it’s ok. But I’m looking for cheap low abv cans for next weekend. At Stone Valley, 3 days of camping & drinking. Not taking good beer to that. Think I’ll mix it between the Guinness Coffee & Murphys.
Gotcha. Think I'd just go with the standard Guinness.
No cans in vaux. But it’s the new NEIPA on draft. Another first check in on Untappd 😎
When's the cans available? Seen it on Instagram.

Those toilets can get a bit grim in there the later in the night
Aye. I don't envy the staff working there until 2am.

Just checked in beer number 1,000 on Untappd today. What a sad bastard.
Are Tesco still selling that Magic Rock stout? That was canny enough.

I’ve been in there before, cracking little pub.
One of the best the NE has to offer. The line up is always good.
Mean eyed cat
Wobbly duck
Town mouse

The animal triangle
Then I continue the theme with a visit to the Dog and Parrot for a tin of red stripe and game of pool :lol:

The name is the only way the theme continues mind.

Last edited:
Off to London next week again. Anything new and interesting to have a look at @James
One of the best the NE has to offer. The line up is always good.

Then I continue the theme with a visit to the Dog and Parrot for a tin of red stripe and game of pool :lol:

The name is the only way the theme continues mind.
I’d be tempted to come south of the river for the new gateshead run. Class places.

Last edited:
Aye. I don't envy the staff working there until 2am.

Just checked in beer number 1,000 on Untappd today. What a sad bastard.

Are Tesco still selling that Magic Rock stout? That was canny enough.
Nah, never even seen it. When was that like? If it’s within the last 2 1/2 years I’d have 100% have had it.

Just had a Northern Monk Vortex. Very nice. Not cheap mind.
Off to London next week again. Anything new and interesting to have a look at @James

I’d be tempted to come south of the river for the new gateshead run. Class places.
Aye, been that way a few times. I like all four pubs in the square tbh. Even better when afew bait stalls are on.

Occasionally, when I've caned a few big hitters I like the odd straight up lager, just as a refresher if nothing else.

Last edited:
Nah, never even seen it. When was that like? If it’s within the last 2 1/2 years I’d have 100% have had it.
I've had it within the last year like. Looks like it has been discontinued though, ignore me. :lol:

This is topper like. Just a fantastic beer, could drink bottles of the stuff.

Logon or register to see this image

@DoctorMick forgot to reply yesterday but yes Adam from Verdant was absolutely fucked when I saw him. :lol:

Drinking a clone (their description) of the Kernel's export stout 1890 now, by the same brewery who made the above. Mad. It's tremendous.

I've had it within the last year like. Looks like it has been discontinued though, ignore me. :lol:

This is topper like. Just a fantastic beer, could drink bottles of the stuff.

Logon or register to see this image

@DoctorMick forgot to reply yesterday but yes Adam from Verdant was absolutely fucked when I saw him. :lol:

Drinking a clone (their description) of the Kernel's export stout 1890 now, by the same brewery who made the above. Mad. It's tremendous.
Of course he was. :lol:

Just had the Lidl Mango Vanilla Smoothie IPA 7.4% and have to say it was decent. Shocked that I have never liked anything I have bought from them before yet I have liked all 3 of the ones I took a punt on this week

Does anybody know my Untaped username?! It’s signed me out & wants to know my username to sign in. I don’t know it :lol:
Got a new phone. Couldn’t log in again. Admin have converted my account to traditional account as I was a Facebook login & they’ve removed the option to login by Facebook for some reason.

Doubt I’ll be adding much like. Been poorly bad so got a weekend off the drink.

They're great like. Do solid core beers and interesting one off specials. Taproom open until 2am every weekend. They'll never blow you away but will make beers you'll want to drink pints of, and for me that's what it's all about. Plus they've got those Japanese jet stream toilets in the taproom which are an experience. :eek:

First day here mate, got the train from London yesterday. Here until Sunday where I've changed our plans to get to an Irish bar in Valencia to watch the Sunderland game on Sunday. :oops: Our lass is chuffed like.

Doing a couple of vineyard tours tomorrow then back into the city to visit Cyclic Beer Farm who make spontaneously fermented and mixed ferm beers. Very much looking forward to that.

Any beer tips for here, Valencia, Madrid, Zaragoza, San Sebastian, Bordeaux, Tours and Paris would be welcome!
Madrid
Mikkeller have a place just off the gran via but I don't like it.
Fabrica Maravillas is nearby and better on Calle Valverde.
On Calle Echegaray Peninsula have just opened their own bar, and Brew Wild is almost next door.
Calle Cardenal Cisneros North of the centre is beer street with 3 or 4 decent spots.

San Sebastian - Basqueland is the pkace, never got there yet but there beer is good. Mala Gissona is great behind the best beach Zurriola.
Valencia is canny too. it's been a while but there were some good yank ran places in the streets near Colon.
Paris - don't pay 9.90 for Paris IPA. Proper places will be pricey as hell, supermarket Leffes did me. The Frog and Hop was OK.

Two finds this weekend

1. Pina colada sour by Vocation. Currently sat in fridge for tomorrow night.

2. Pink lemonade sour by Thornbridge. A ludicrous 89p from Herons. Pre-chilled so that’s my Friday night beer.

Anyone had the pina colada sour?
Thought the Pina Colada was foul. Thornbridge one is fine but nothing special.

Back