Covid Doubters and the VACCINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely as long as it’s safe. I work with a 1000 kids who at anyone time could be carrying it.

I’ve a particularly high chance of catching it tbh

Well your only a bairn if you are who I think you are , I had flu vaccine last week , but am over 60 , anybody my age would be advised to have it.

Ah mate I don’t know you. I’m 53.
im not saying it’s wrong, I’m saying that its a choice.
a choice based on figures though. Not exactly very effective. Nothing really over a 60% rate who’s to say the success of 60% wouldn’t have caught fly anyway? It is a killer though so precautions are required.

I think it depends on what you mean by vaccine doubters.

There are some clear anti-vaccers who will not get a vaccine no matter what. These include conspiracy theorists and alternative medicine supporters.

There are some who will twist against a vaccine but as you say, it’s because they’re just contrarians, and will probably want one as soon as it comes out.

Then there are some, which I’d probably put myself in, who largely have no issue with having a vaccine but have some concerns about how quickly it’s been developed.

My personal position is I will get a vaccine but am in no rush to do so, but given they will prioritise the seriously vulnerable / health workers etc first I’ll likely get one when I can.

Why is vaccine in capital letters?

cos its scary.
I think it depends on what you mean by vaccine doubters.

There are some clear anti-vaccers who will not get a vaccine no matter what. These include conspiracy theorists and alternative medicine supporters.

There are some who will twist against a vaccine but as you say, it’s because they’re just contrarians, and will probably want one as soon as it comes out.

Then there are some, which I’d probably put myself in, who largely have no issue with having a vaccine but have some concerns about how quickly it’s been developed.

My personal position is I will get a vaccine but am in no rush to do so, but given they will prioritise the seriously vulnerable / health workers etc first I’ll likely get one when I can.

I’m on about the fantasists who think this whole thing is a ruse for ‘them’ to get us injected with some evil thing.

Just wondering if they’ll put their money where their mouth is.

Last edited:
It takes years though to be properly approved & tested 🤷‍♂️ It's a no from me, obviously the Pharma types are wanting to move the scope of vaccine age range to a yearly thing for ALL, which means harvesting trillions of tax payers money into some yearly jab that nobody knows if it is slightly above a placebo injection AKA lots of very rich people get much richer with little come back.

Last edited:

Looks like a 1 a 1000 chance of dying at my age, even less as I have no underlying conditions.

Not quite. That’s deaths per 1,000 people, it doesn’t mean your risk is 1 in 1,000. That would only the case if it was 1 death per 1,000 people infected.

Your “risk” (I apply the term loosely here) is a combination of your chance of being infected, and your chance of dying from COVID-19.

I do not know what your chance of catching COVID-19 is, but your chance of dying if infected, is likely much greater than 1 in 1000.

The infection fatality rate, that is, the percentage of people infected, who die, for those aged 60 to 69 is around 1-3% as I recall.

1% might seem low, but ask yourself if you’d bet your life that the 100/1 shot won’t win the Grand National.

Last edited:
I don't think we'll have a choice, personally.
I still get offered the flu jab to this very day and never have one. The issue is, I get offered as if the nurse/doctor is offering me a sweet. When I say, no....it's never, "oh, ok." It's "so you're refusing?"

I have a feeling the refusal for this will be met with consequences of all kinds.....but, we'll see.

They have removed vaccine liability so straight away the alarm bells are ringing, secondly they are rushing it through and won’t be any studies on effects that could happen 3-4 years down the line etc.

If there was a lengthy testing period I might have agrreed but no chance currently

They have removed vaccine liability so straight away the alarm bells are ringing, secondly they are rushing it through and won’t be any studies on effects that could happen 3-4 years down the line etc.

If there was a lengthy testing period I might have agrreed but no chance currently

Is that just for the private companies though? I.e. if a company is saying the regulations say 4 years but the government's saying we will relax the timescales, then the private company cannot be held liable but the government still hold the liability.

I cannot blame people for being a little sceptical, none of us really understand what is involved, what the stability of the virus is, how vaccines work and everything inbetween.

I do think it would be good to build up a volunteer list of people who dont believe in covid though, as they could help/be paid to work in the hospitals when it gets bad again.

After 40 years of consuming alcohol and the damage that can do, don’t think I will be to concerned about taking a vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back