COVID annoyances

Beery

Striker
Landed in Germany last night and hotel I had booked wouldn’t let me check in as I had come from Spain and UK in last 2 weeks. Went to hotel next door and they didn’t even ask and stayed no problem

I had to fill out forms for both Spain and German to handover on arrival

Ive just crossed the french “border” on a train and not had to fill out any further paperwork

edit - meant to type inconsistencies not annoyances. Ffs

Landed in Germany last night and hotel I had booked wouldn’t let me check in as I had come from Spain and UK in last 2 weeks. Went to hotel next door and they didn’t even ask and stayed no problem

I had to fill out forms for both Spain and German to handover on arrival

Ive just crossed the french “border” on a train and not had to fill out any further paperwork

edit - meant to type inconsistencies not annoyances. Ffs
sounds canny annoying to be fair

That’s a hell of an autocorrect :lol:
No I typed it - but fuck knows why. I just bought a ticket in France in Spanish and German
No I typed it - but fuck knows why. I just bought a ticket in France in Spanish and German
The other point I meant to make is if I was sneaky I could fly back out from Germany and reduce my quarantine days to start when I left Spain

Last edited:
Crime scene cctv cameras will be less useful with all these masks.

And the paper ones tickle my nose. Annoying.

Also annoying, especially to the OP'er, is that he's diverted his own thread.

Just came back from a two day German trip myself and filling in that track and trace thing at the airport was definitely an annoyance. No problem with the principle but the form is so badly designed and could be so much quicker to complete with QR scanning of passport and boarding pass

Just came back from a two day German trip myself and filling in that track and trace thing at the airport was definitely an annoyance. No problem with the principle but the form is so badly designed and could be so much quicker to complete with QR scanning of passport and boarding pass

Did mine 48 hours before I came back. Passport checked and QR code scanned. Straight through immigration with no problems.

Did mine 48 hours before I came back. Passport checked and QR code scanned. Straight through immigration with no problems.
There’s a QR code now? We did ours end of August and the form was shit. Asking the same information multiple times and not allowing you to add another passenger with just different name & passport, having to run through the whole shot form again.

No one asked for proof at either end and we had no follow up during our 2 weeks of quarantine.

Annoying how it appears so many youngens have asthma or other related problems and so dont wear masks in shops or public transport.
And how bars are not stopping people from different houses sitting together when its easy to tell they are not 6 brothers or flat mates or 2 couples living together.
While at the same time making sure me and the mrs sit as far away from others as possible (this is the Stack on Saturday).

There’s a QR code now? We did ours end of August and the form was shit. Asking the same information multiple times and not allowing you to add another passenger with just different name & passport, having to run through the whole shot form again.

No one asked for proof at either end and we had no follow up during our 2 weeks of quarantine.

The QR code was on the pdf you get when you complete the form. Agree its a cock on filling in your details multiple times but I filled in most of the details before I left. I think you can start completing the form 7 days before return but you can only fill in so much information. You can then save it and complete it 48h before arriving back.

went to book a holiday last week and happened to read the small print that said their pool was closed due to covid, so didn't end up booking in the end, which was a shame as we'd told the kids about the plan... many worse things happening at the moment though.

Back