Coventry view of our fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting footnote which may provide some fun.

A friend I saw, after the game, is a retired criminal lawyer who was sitting to the side nearest the Coventry supporters. He saw the pathetic little bunch of sad Mags and pointed it out to both the stewards and police. He was informed that the stewards, in that section, had been made aware and told the idiots concerned to either cover up or leave.

They covered up for a while but later displayed their Newcastle shirts in the second half. My mate, being a bit of a tyrant, took the I.D. numbers of the police & stewards, took their photos and also that of the Mags at various times. He's now writing to the club asking for their comments before bringing a test case against them for allowing 'behaviour liable to cause a breach of the peace'.
(Think that's the term he mentioned but he hasn't decided which terminology fits best.)

He's also asked for a full copy of their ground regulations regarding areas where supporters are allowed to be, etc. As I say, he's retired, so has the time to torment the club for a while. He says he'll also write to clubs we're about to play and warn them that he'll be watching them closely :lol:

I'm glad he's a mate, he's a real pedantic old sod and capable of keeping this shit up all season.

Last edited:

A friend I saw, after the game, is a retired criminal lawyer who was sitting to the side nearest the Coventry supporters. He saw the pathetic little bunch of sad Mags and pointed it out to both the stewards and police. He was informed that the stewards, in that section, had been made aware and told the idiots concerned to either cover up or leave.

They covered up for a while but later displayed their Newcastle shirts in the second half. My mate, being a bit of a tyrant, took the I.D. numbers of the police & stewards, took their photos and also that of the Mags at various times. He's now writing to the club asking for their comments before bringing a test case against them for allowing 'behaviour liable to cause a breach of the peace'.
(Think that's the term he mentioned but he hasn't decided which terminology fits best.)

He's also asked for a full copy of their ground regulations regarding areas where supporters are allowed to be, etc. As I say, he's retired, so has the time to torment the club for a while. He says he'll also write to clubs we're about to play and warn them that he'll be watching them closely :lol:

I'm glad he's a mate, he's a real pedantic old sod and capable of keeping this shit up all season.
Heh, heh. Like his style. A pedant with time on his hands is a potent cocktail.

Go and watch cricket or bowls you be safe there

Why would I want to do that? Did I menton anything about been concerned about my safety? I was sat on the bus laughing at all the embarrassing idiots who got themselves involved (in both sets of fans) . Was mainly blokes just stood at the barrier posturing at the fans on the other side with no intention of actually doing anything. Just silly, daft and like I say, embarrassing.

Good man to have in your corner

Well when you think, only weeks ago safc fans were pulled from a home end on ‘safety grounds’.
The same rule must apply if some sad tossers are using said end to bait a huge away section, despite no allegiance to either club.
The second situation is the most dangerous by far.

Bet you were just minding your own business before this happened as well.

Here mate gan fuck off will ya.

We, like pretty much everyone else after the game were making our way back to the buses and it kicked off because a load of Coventry dickheads thought people with no interest in bother were fair game. Blokes with kids and families were all in the firing line. That combined with a police force who clearly couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. The panic on their faces was clear, hence why some of them were just swinging their truncheons and even their fists aimlessly.

What the fuck do you want people to do when there's a very real threat in front of you? Just take a beating if it comes to it? Tit.

Last edited:
Here mate gan fuck off will ya.

We, like pretty much everyone else after the game were making our way back to the buses and it kicked off because a load of Coventry dickheads thought people with no interest in bother were fair game. Blokes with kids and families were all in the firing line. That combined with a police force who clearly couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. The panic on their faces was clear, hence why some of them were just swinging their truncheons and even their fists aimlessly.

What the fuck do you want people to do when there's a very real threat in front of you? Just take a beating if it comes to it? Tit.

If people were caught up in it by accident then you’re right. I watched some of our fans run up to it though and make the situation 10 times worse. For example a two lads ran past me saying ‘here there’s bother over there’, they then ran over and got involved. They looked excited.

That’s the idiots involved i’m talking about. Tit.

If people were caught up in it by accident then you’re right. I watched some of our fans run up to it though and make the situation 10 times worse. For example a two lads ran past me saying ‘here there’s bother over there’, they then ran over and got involved. They looked excited.

That’s the idiots involved i’m talking about. Tit.

If they ran over , let them crack on it’s no concern of yours.

Strange thing to say

You’re being critical of the actions of other people , you don’t know why they ran over but you’ve just assumed something and formed an opinion.

Nothing they did affected you , it really is no concern of yours but you had to stand and watch , strange thing to do imho.

You’re being critical of the actions of other people , you don’t know why they ran over but you’ve just assumed something and formed an opinion.

Nothing they did affected you , it really is no concern of yours but you had to stand and watch , strange thing to do imho.

You're wrong. Them running over and making the situation 10 times worse put everyone in more danger. If people are caught in the crossfire and have to defend themselves then fine but running over and aggravating the situation more isn't helping anyone. There were people throwing rocks back at the Coventry fans. Where do you think those rocks ended back at???

How is me sat on my bus waiting to set off and go home strange behaviour?

Was there any need to put a negative spin on it like? What the fuck is wrong with some of our fans man

What are you on about? We have fans fighting and you're having a go at me for pointing it out? How could you not put a negative spin on it?

You're right about one thing mind, there is something wrong with some of our fans.

Was all the trouble because of the Jimmy Hill shite?

Was obviously a minority but it’s quite odd for trouble like that to kick off after a league one game.

Big away following, plenty of drink consumed, history between the clubs, bad organisation. Take your pick. The truth is probably a little bit of everything.

Last edited:
Not all of it was that but there was a fair amount to be honest.

Coventry tried to come through the police lines to attack the away fans going into the ground.

What happened after the game was the aftermath and it was obvious some of the Coventry people were after trouble.

The Sunderland supporters had no choice but to be at the coach park, many of the Coventry lot chose to be there.
I was sat on one of the coaches you mention watching it all unfold and they weren’t getting bombarded by bricks at all. There were a few rocks getting chucked but it certainly wasn’t a bombardment.

I expect adults to get on their bus and not act like morons. The ‘well they started it’ excuse is just childish.

It only takes one though if your names on it. I've got a mate called Lumsden, which is a bit like Lumley so he always has to take extra care when the bricks are flying.

Well when you think, only weeks ago safc fans were pulled from a home end on ‘safety grounds’.
The same rule must apply if some sad tossers are using said end to bait a huge away section, despite no allegiance to either club.
The second situation is the most dangerous by far.

What would be even more dangerous, as my mate pointed out, is the following situation.

Sunderland supporters will certainly be in the home sections at Shrewsbury and other away games, they'll initially keep their heads down to avoid another 'Wimbledon debacle'.

Newcastle supporters are sure to be in there and if they're wearing Newcastle shirts, as they keep doing, then celebrate a home goal there will undoubtedly be serious trouble.

Yes, the Sunderland supporters have no right to be there but the Newcastle idiots have even less.

The Sunderland supporters will be there to watch their team whereas the sad Mags will be there purely to antagonise people.

Good man to have in your corner

He's a nightmare but, as you say, a good friend to have.

He's the legal equivalent of Wise, Savage or Barton ..... absolutely horrible if he's not in your side ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back