County Durham mags

Consett has unfortunately been more mag in my time. Understandable as it's half the distance. However it means we have more people to take the piss out of when we win. Must be shit living in a 100% Sunderland place

Sunderland may have once been in County Durham, as were other towns with league teams Hartlepool and Gateshead, but that hasn’t been the case for 50 years.To claim a whole county for Sunderland is dare I say it, a bit arrogant. I’m sure I read on here that was what Mags do? Modern day Co Durham probably has more Mags than Sunderland.

Your owner murders people

In my experience the whole County Durham being a safc area is a myth of this board. I can only comment on South and Weat Durham but over the 30 plus years I’ve lived there mags have always outnumbered lads fans. If you are judging fans who attend games however it’s much more even. In balance though my mums family are all from south Durham and were going to mags games in the 60s

It’s only on this board I’ve ever seen anyone say otherwise, in example in Ferryhill where my nana and grandad lived I didn’t even know there were any safc fans until about 15 years ago, the place is rammed with barcoded scratters.

* I will add though that the SAFC fans are there they’re just less vocal about it as a bus load go to home and aways

Honestly that area is something else. That is Ferryhill station which is Horden level of nuclear apocalypse remains shite. When I was a kid there was an abattoir in a terraced house just round the corner from there
I’d agree with this. I spent my schooldays, which began well over 50 years ago, first in South Durham, and then in South West Durham. There was a longstanding tradition of mag support in the South West even then. And the further north you got in West Durham, the stronger that support got. It’s not a John Hall invention. And these are places that stayed in the rump county after the 1973 boundary changes. I think the boundary changes made more of a difference in the south of the county. My primary school was in a village that escaped getting lobbed into Teesside but did end up in Cleveland and has more or less been swallowed up by Stockton. We were mostly lads fans then, but despite the geography, you still got Boro and Leeds. These days if they follow a local team, it’s likely to be Boro, although most of the kids are City, PSG etc. The county, particularly in the west and the north, has always been a complicated patchwork.

Frowned upon and thought of as embarrassing by Sunderland fans and not accepted by mag fans, the worst kind of mags. A nomadic support who know deep down they should be supporting Sunderland. The lowest of the low in football supporting terms.
“Whav gorr work on wah accents when wah tell peepal wah love than toon”
Since when has football been based on counties? It’s football not cricket. Anyway County Durham hasn’t got a professional team. Sunderland hasn’t been in County Durham for half a century.
Lol

Last edited:
Who the fuck is giving him money. Seriously. Can afford football memorabilia and to go to the match but doesnt insure his own house which looks like would have cost pocket change to cover. I wouldnt even donate to that if it was own brother or sister & if i was the lad i wouldnt accept £3k worth of charity for my own stupidity and childish decision making.
I know people with terminal conditions who need care or would like to go on one last trip to see a loved one before they pass who would love £3k and yet people are giving to this embarrasment of a man child that remembers his davy crockett hat for a football match an hour a way but doesnt remember to insure the actual house he lives in. And he doesnt have an air fryer for his daily ration of chips.
Id rather kip in a tent than accept a penny of that money. Reece is a shit name as well and his kip probably looks better raised to the ground.

f***ing Durham Mags

As sad as this sounds, the mags will be the only thing in his life. With beefy no longer doing the fat routine, this lad picked up the role and added a zany wig 😂

Back