County Cricket on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Striker
Enjoying the Warwickshire rearguard on the telly today. Got me thinking though - there's really not enough County Cricket on telly. I'm on about the Championship of course. They show plenty of that laugh and giggle stuff.

If I had my way there'd be a game on every week of the season, so every team over the two divisions would likely get two games atleast. Lets face it, there's fuckall else on the four channels most of the time.

I'd say that tomorrow, while we're playing Notts there'll be 2 re-runs of today's football, some Spanish football highlights, a load of shite European Golf, WWE and more than likely summit like Windsurfing world! Basically, utter gash.

Oh and that Jack Leach fell out of the ugly tree! He's only 21 aswell the goofy c*nt!

The only downside to the Tv coverage is that Lloyd and co didnt really seem to understand the County game. They were whinging on about somerset not enforcing the follow on when everyone knows that this is a legitimate and well used tactic in the Cc ie so that you dont bat last on a deteriorated pitch.

The only downside to the Tv coverage is that Lloyd and co didnt really seem to understand the County game. They were whinging on about somerset not enforcing the follow on when everyone knows that this is a legitimate and well used tactic in the Cc ie so that you dont bat last on a deteriorated pitch.

Yeah, I've noticed one or two things myself actually from the commentators that is a bit 'naïve'.

Loved Bumble going on about management speak earlier though :-D

That was a good game and well done to Warks for hanging on.

Umpiring was some of the worst I've ever seen though.

Quality. Another example of why Championship cricket is better than the other formats. Play for 4 days and it still all hinged on the last ball.

Just to get back to this issue - how many Championship games do Sky actually show? Is it just 2? Or 3? I know they always do one in April/May, ie early season. Then there's also one right at the end, usually the last round of matches so they can either see the Champions crowned or a side relegated. However, I can't remember if there's a game mid-season too.......?!

Anyone any ideas??

Just to get back to this issue - how many Championship games do Sky actually show? Is it just 2? Or 3? I know they always do one in April/May, ie early season. Then there's also one right at the end, usually the last round of matches so they can either see the Champions crowned or a side relegated. However, I can't remember if there's a game mid-season too.......?!

Anyone any ideas??
I think youre right and considering the endless hours they could fill on their channels I'm surprised that they dont show more. In fact they could have a dedicated cricket channel during the summer.

I think youre right and considering the endless hours they could fill on their channels I'm surprised that they dont show more. In fact they could have a dedicated cricket channel during the summer.

I'd watch it mate. Would be better than that f***ing F1 bollocks.

Is that Harmy's benefit game as well?

It was advertised as his benefit game alongside in his last Sunday Sun column but I've had 2 emails from the club in the last 2 days advertising the game but there's no mention of it's being his benefit.

They fill the days, not peak viewing times, with repeats of stuff or things that have a low-buy cost. Having to fork out for 4/5 cameramen, commentators, as well as other expenses (parking for TV trucks, hotels for staff etc) wouldn't be cost-effective for the viewing figures. There won't be hundreds of thousands tuning in to watch Worcestershire vs Leicestershire in a turgid bottom-of-the-table clash in division 2.

They are a business after all, and if they rocked up at a ground every week it would cost them money and push prices (tv subs) up.

I'd watch it mate. Would be better than that f***ing F1 bollocks.

Their Sky F1 channel is a massive money maker, Sky Sports Cricket wouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back