County Championship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a new phone today and been reinstating all my apps and added the ECB app.

Not looked at it for ages for obvious reasons but noticed when I opened it that there are some county chamionship matches in August and September. I must have missed the annnouncement but whats the plan there? Whats the format? How many games per team? and I assume there is no promotion opportunity for our lot?

Last edited:

The original plan is 3 groups of 6 teams with a 5 day finals day at Lords.
Any delays with that and they would look at an FA Cup one day cup then the T20

Last edited:
Got a new phone today and been reinstating all my apps and added the ECB app.

Not looked at it for ages for obvious reasons but noticed when I opened it that there are some county chamionship matches in August and September. I must have missed the annnouncement but whats the plan there? Whats the format? How many games per team? and I assume there is no promotion opportunity for our lot?

Wasn’t aware anything had been announced, but was it not just the fixtures originally scheduled?

BBC website still has the county fixtures on as if the season were carrying on as normal. Their live scores aren’t working though ;)

The way the teams are preparing would indicate that red ball cricket will happen though. Which reinvigorates my faith that those making the decisions still appreciate that red ball cricket is of great importance.

Wasn’t aware anything had been announced, but was it not just the fixtures originally scheduled?

BBC website still has the county fixtures on as if the season were carrying on as normal. Their live scores aren’t working though ;)

The way the teams are preparing would indicate that red ball cricket will happen though. Which reinvigorates my faith that those making the decisions still appreciate that red ball cricket is of great importance.
Probably shortened red ball scrap one day and keep full t20

Statement from Durham on their Twitter feed saying the counties have agreed both red and white ball cricket to be played.
I suppose next step to get a workable schedule planned out. They all should have plenty of fit players they can rotate so no reason it can't be a chocker block 2 months of cricket.

Counties agree mixture of red and white ball cricket. Requires ECB rubber stamping then schedule will be drawn up.

not sure why this is news, this proposal was the case 6 weeks or so ago.

ECB need to get their fingers out and get it sorted and a fixture list sorted

the proposal is 3 groups of 6 with a finals day over 5 days at Lords.

Any delays from government then a potential fa cup 1 day cup with t20.
red ball cricket to be open to members only IF government allow. for example a durham member living in kent could watch kent.

Last edited:
not sure why this is news, this proposal was the case 6 weeks or so ago.

ECB need to get their fingers out and get it sorted and a fixture list sorted
Not sure all the counties where in agreement as to what cricket was going to be played. The ECB can make as many proposals as they want but if the counties don't want it it ain't happening.

Not sure all the counties where in agreement as to what cricket was going to be played. The ECB can make as many proposals as they want but if the counties don't want it it ain't happening.

True - they needed two thirds of the counties to agree that red ball cricket was going to be part of the revised plan and there were some ( and I could guess at least three off the top of my head ) who were dead against it.

Counties agree mixture of red and white ball cricket. Requires ECB rubber stamping then schedule will be drawn up.

If it’s down to the ECB I expect a bastardised format of the game being drawn up where both red and white balls are used. Maybe a two innings game, first innings red ball and white clothing, second innings white ball and coloured clothing, 100 balls.

;)

If it’s down to the ECB I expect a bastardised format of the game being drawn up where both red and white balls are used. Maybe a two innings game, first innings red ball and white clothing, second innings white ball and coloured clothing, 100 balls.

;)
No, my understanding was there were some dissenting counties to red ball cricket so ECB directed counties vote on 50 over or 4 day tournament with a simple majority deciding final outcome. 4 day won with a T20 to follow.
Maybe ECB will finally do their job now Mr C*ntcutter has gone.

It seems to be that the 4 day game will be split into regional groups. Maybe 3 groups of 6 who play each other once or 6 groups of 3 who play home and away? Then who knows what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back