Councils been told to identify max vaccination sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can we not test these vaccines on criminals or something first?

I'm seriously not comfortable about taking a vaccine that's been knocked out in a few months like.

The basic vaccine has been around for several years - they use a harmless virus and add stuff specific to Covid - they used the process to produce a vaccine for MERS

The flu vaccine is a different one every year as the flu changes year on year

Fridge is good because that's what nurses are used to. Freezer would be a nightmare. I bet a fair few doses would be lost because the surgery staff hoyed them in the fridge on arrival because that's what they always do with vaccines (despite massive stickers on the packaging to the contrary).

Question is is their sufficient “surplus“ refrigerated wagons available to move 140 million dozes of vaccine quickly

Plenty of countries already have vaccination requirements for entry. I would suspect many countries will want to keep COVID out, so when a vaccine is routinely available, it would make sense.

I certainly hope the govt take strong measures to exclude anti-vax people from society.

So a few on here posted that they're reluctant to take it. Probably have reasonable reasons for their reluctance, not just screaming loonies, and you would like them shunned from society..

@callum raised a good point about religious reasons.. you've not answered yet.. would you shun those opposed on religious grounds???

Personally I'd have it tomorrow if we could get back to normal quicker but can understand why some may be sceptical... certainly wouldn't want them shunned or put on virus island...

So a few on here posted that they're reluctant to take it. Probably have reasonable reasons for their reluctance, not just screaming loonies, and you would like them shunned from society..

@callum raised a good point about religious reasons.. you've not answered yet.. would you shun those opposed on religious grounds???

Personally I'd have it tomorrow if we could get back to normal quicker but can understand why some may be sceptical... certainly wouldn't want them shunned or put on virus island...

Yes I would. The COVID-19 vaccination should be mandatory for those who are able to be vaccinated.

Their grounds for resisting vaccination are not, in my opinion, reasonable. I also do not consider religion to be reasonable grounds for exemption.

Infectious disease present a significant threat to the health of people who are immunocompromised. It is incumbent upon those of us who are healthy, to be vaccinated in sufficient number so that those people are very unlikely to come into contact with someone who is contagious. The health of those people, and the health of society in general, is more important than any one person's resistance to something which costs them nothing more than their time.

Yes I would. The COVID-19 vaccination should be mandatory for those who are able to be vaccinated.

Their grounds for resisting vaccination are not, in my opinion, reasonable. I also do not consider religion to be reasonable grounds for exemption.

Infectious disease present a significant threat to the health of people who are immunocompromised. It is incumbent upon those of us who are healthy, to be vaccinated in sufficient number so that those people are very unlikely to come into contact with someone who is contagious. The health of those people, and the health of society in general, is more important than any one person's resistance to something which costs them nothing more than their time.

You’re wasting your time here @Frijj

It’s easy to kick off because our Government may mandate it but the same people wouldn’t think twice of getting their mandatory injections to go on their two week Caribbean all inclusive.

Fair points and thanks for the honesty, just not sure shunning people from society is right mind..

People of different religions refuse a whole myriad of things based purely on beliefs but I take your point on public health.

Vulnerable
Health/ Care workers
Over 60s
Police/ education
Over 50s
Workers who can't WFH
WFH
Teenagers

In that order?
Probably something like that but you'll have a group of other essential workers e.g. in food supply, some council workers etc

If they refuse it, their access to free NHS treatment should be withdrawn!
Can we not test these vaccines on criminals or something first?

I'm seriously not comfortable about taking a vaccine that's been knocked out in a few months like.
It will have been very well tested.

Last edited:
Owned by bill gates. My brother in law is one. Honest he’s a lovely bloke, but once he starts he’s murder. He said when all this first started that it was a hoax. My sister caught it a month back and he moved out for a fortneet. :lol:
Can’t wait to see him.
A mate of mine thought it was a hoax until his brother in his 30s ended up on a ventilator touch and go. Luckily we've had it and recovered. Loads of my mates that your lass knows have had it as well.

A mate of mine thought it was a hoax until his brother in his 30s ended up on a ventilator touch and go. Luckily we've had it and recovered. Loads of my mates that your lass knows have had it as well.
Glad yous are okay mate. Aye it’s ripped through that place like. She’s just getting back on ward this week. She went back when isolation ended but doing paperwork but now she’s back where she belongs (they found her a mask she can wear). Did you suffer with it? Or was it mild.

Glad yous are okay mate. Aye it’s ripped through that place like. She’s just getting back on ward this week. She went back when isolation ended but doing paperwork but now she’s back where she belongs (they found her a mask she can wear). Did you suffer with it? Or was it mild.
Quite mild for me and the boy although I felt like I'd been kicked down the stairs. The mrs was in bed for 4 days but OK now although she still seems a bit chesty. The worst bit is expecting it to get worse.

I know. Well I don’t know but I would be shitting it like. Every stuffy nose or cough I get I think here we go.
Both me and the mrs would have sworn we'd already had it. She got a random antibody test through the post in September and it turned out negative. We both got it the week after. I'm more relaxed now but still take all the precautions.

Are you working much?

Both me and the mrs would have sworn we'd already had it. She got a random antibody test through the post in September and it turned out negative. We both got it the week after. I'm more relaxed now but still take all the precautions.

Are you working much?
Aye Ive been chokka through the lockdown when the weather was nice. Done my back about 2 weeks ago so been on the tramadol And on here for a fortnight. It’s easing off now so back into it next week. I discovered the entertainment that the politics board brings which is a bonus :lol: Are you still working away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back