Council Football Pitches

Think they’re shite mostly everywhere, I coach youth football down here in Devon and our season has had to be extended due to the state of the pitches. Long grass, waterlogged, divots all over the place, dog shit, syringes. Shocking lack of investment in grass roots.

Think they’re shite mostly everywhere, I coach youth football down here in Devon and our season has had to be extended due to the state of the pitches. Long grass, waterlogged, divots all over the place, dog shit, syringes. Shocking lack of investment in grass roots.
The roots are an issue as well? FFS.

Tunstall Hill took some beating back in the day for un levels, the one nearest the changing rooms was that bowed that a winger on one side looking across to the opposite winger could only see the torso of his team mate, and i'm not joking here
I know you're not. I'm my time I've played on some nice pitches but did actually get to play on there once. Funny as f...

Played on worse condition grass than that loads of times, there is absolutely no excuse for those markings though.

That centre circle.:lol::lol::lol:

We used to have to mark our pitch out even though it was officially council owned. The lines used to be all over the place and you had to try and mark it before they had completely disappeared otherwise it could be a disaster.

The aerial shot from Google Maps used to show it and the centre ‘circle’ was more of a centre egg. 🤣

Looks canny to me, plenty grass so just needs a trim.

The bairns tram has played on a couple of horrors in recent years. A drain on the pitch being the pick of the bunch.

our local council allowed a festival to be held on the pitch my lads team use - 12 months later and they’re just getting someone in to attempt to remedy the destruction caused.

True, all that is awful. However, if the pitches are council owned very little grass roots investment from the FA will do. How do you stop irresponsible dog owners letting them crap anywhere or addicts dropping syringes on the pitches. The council will always spend money elsewhere, rather than on footy pitches, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Back