Cost to lift grass/tarmac an area

The daft thing is the permeable block paving soon blocks up and doesn't work very well, you can of course get more than just block paving.
I'm thinking of redoing mine as the tarmac is almost done. Will probably take up some lawn but not a full car width.
I'd like to do it all in impermeable but it definitely won't work for us as it's quite a steep fall on the drive away from the road and towards the house. Any water would head towards the house still and wouldn't have time to drain into the subgrade which is clay anyway. I'd have to have impermeable draining into an Aco drain which would drain to our storm drain then into the highway drains. Best I can do without permission is to extend a 1 metre strip into the lawn which might be enough.

I'm thinking of redoing mine as the tarmac is almost done. Will probably take up some lawn but not a full car width.
I'd like to do it all in impermeable but it definitely won't work for us as it's quite a steep fall on the drive away from the road and towards the house. Any water would head towards the house still and wouldn't have time to drain into the subgrade which is clay anyway. I'd have to have impermeable draining into an Aco drain which would drain to our storm drain then into the highway drains. Best I can do without permission is to extend a 1 metre strip into the lawn which might be enough.

I may not be understanding you correctly but you can connect into your own drain on your own land without permission irrespective of whether it runs into a foul or storm drain.
What your thinking of sounds perfect for what you want.

I may not be understanding you correctly but you can connect into your own drain on your own land without permission irrespective of whether it runs into a foul or storm drain.
What your thinking of sounds perfect for what you want.
You can but only up to an additional 5m² of previously permeable land, any more and you're increasing the volume going into the main sewer systems beyond permitted allowance. If everyone paved over their gardens and tapped into their domestic drains which feed into the main sewers they become over capacity and flood.
That's basically what was happening before and why they changed the regs.

You can but only up to an additional 5m² of previously permeable land, any more and you're increasing the volume going into the main sewer systems beyond permitted allowance. If everyone paved over their gardens and tapped into their domestic drains which feed into the main sewers they become over capacity and flood.
That's basically what was happening before and why they changed the regs.

Aye mate, I know the reason the regs came about, I'm old enough to remember the flash floods in Devon/Cornwall in the early 2000s England and Wales
I didn't know about the specific area and what not. The amount of people who will be in your position, being able to connect into a drain will be tiny, personally I would just do it, no one would ever know and I very much doubt it would cause any problems.

Back