Cost to lift grass/tarmac an area

Dauntless Dive Bomber

Midfield
Lost Magpie
I've got an area of grass that I'd like taken up and then tarmac'd so I can create a second parking space. The area is about 12m sqd. Rough idea of what is reasonable before I start getting quotes?

Aye, was going to say, depends if you discharging water onto the highway.
Don't think Sunderland council enforce it, was told (not certain) because Sunderland don't have a problem with flooding.

Aye, was going to say, depends if you discharging water onto the highway.
Don't think Sunderland council enforce it, was told (not certain) because Sunderland don't have a problem with flooding.
More about discharging into any drainage system unless it's a soakaway.
If you're taking up permeable land and replacing it with impermeable which doesn't drain into a permeable drain (soakaway) you need to apply for permission. It's to prevent the ever increasing flood risks.

Taken from your link
"One of the main reasons for the new legislation is that the conversion of gardens to driveways in urban areas has increased the amount of water that goes into the storm drains when it rains, and this has contributed to the increase in flooding."

Last edited:
Taken from your link
"One of the main reasons for the new legislation is that the conversion of gardens to driveways in urban areas has increased the amount of water that goes into the storm drains when it rains, and this has contributed to the increase in flooding."
Exactly.
Use permeable paving so the rainwater landing on the new drive soaks into the ground then you're fine and don't need to apply.

Exactly.
Use permeable paving so the rainwater landing on the new drive soaks into the ground then you're fine and don't need to apply.

The daft thing is the permeable block paving soon blocks up and doesn't work very well, you can of course get more than just block paving.

Back