Coronavirus - The human cost of misinformation

Yes but it's not black and white. Why do people get so riled up about other people's choices?
Probably because it's a global pandemic that has impacted pretty much everybody's lives and they're pissed off at people making a choice that could delay getting back to normality. We've seen the best and worst of humans the last two years.
I've no problem with people making a decision not to take the vaccine, it's a choice at the end of the day and I'm against public mandatory vaccination. I'd rather everyone took the vaccine at the end of the day though, for their and societies benefit.
I do have a problem with people spreading misinformation and influencing people's decisions with it though.

Last edited:

I'm not saying anything is unreal, I'm just pointing out the stats from my lived perspective over this period.
But you’re pointing it out and implying it’s in any way relevant to the bigger picture but it really isn’t. You’re trying to underplay the situation because you don’t know any of the 0.003% of the population who’ve lost their lives with covid…why would you? How many people do you think you know?

I'm not saying anything is unreal, I'm just pointing out the stats from my lived perspective over this period.
So why not say I don't know anyone who had died but I accept this is a life threatening disease that has killed c150k in our country (and 11 in my small town of 120k) and that there is a vaccine available that will dramatically reduce your chances of serious illness or death

Probably because it's a global pandemic that has impacted pretty much everybody's lives and they're pissed off at people making a choice that could delay getting back to normality. We've seen the best and worst of human's the last two years.
I've no problem with people making a decision not to take the vaccine, it's a choice at the end of the day and I'm against public mandatory vaccination. I'd rather everyone took the vaccine at the end of the day though, for their and societies benefit.
I do have a problem with people spreading misinformation and influencing people's decisions with it though.
I have a bit of a problem with people pretending they don’t realise that not being vaccinated has a negative impact on other people. I’m also against mandatory vaccination but I wish the people who choose not to get it would at least be honest enough to admit they’re negatively impacting other people.

I have a bit of a problem with people pretending they don’t realise that not being vaccinated has a negative impact on other people. I’m also against mandatory vaccination but I wish the people who choose not to get it would at least be honest enough to admit they’re negatively impacting other people.
How does it impact negatively Mick? Serious question

But you’re pointing it out and implying it’s in any way relevant to the bigger picture but it really isn’t. You’re trying to underplay the situation because you don’t know any of the 0.003% of the population who’ve lost their lives with covid…why would you? How many people do you think you know?
Lots of people in this analysis, we are talking hundreds. Either way I'm not underplaying anything we are back to normal, full stadiums. Full nightclubs and this is my localised analysis in a time of back to normal.

Lots of people in this analysis, we are talking hundreds. Either way I'm not underplaying anything we are back to normal, full stadiums. Full nightclubs and this is my localised analysis in a time of back to normal.
Hundreds? Out of a population of 56m? Aye, fair enough.

Your localised analysis that saw deaths go from 2 to 11 in a month in your fabled town of 120k

A population of 120k for the town or if you do it by ward 12k. Keeping in mind my town has been purple, the highest level, on the Government heat map pretty much all this year.
But a rise from 2 deaths to 11 in a month discounted because you don't know them

It's the truth, the truth is always the truth. Why don't you share your lived truth findings?

Nobody I know, after all this time, knows of nobody that has died with, off or after 28 days of a test.

Your individual experience is irrelevant I bet youve never seen someone stabbed but can form an opinion on knife crime

I have one patient in ITU who is looking likely to die, one death and another person very sick in hospital. I had to speak to their heartbroken spouse yesterday as they were bullied into not being vaccinated by some bellend relatives and those same bellends are now advising that he dont go on a ventilator. I also had to talk to a teenager who caught Covid, gave it to his Aunt who survived a week on ITU and his grandad who is now dead. I have had enough of know nowts going on like they are some kind of geniuses and belittling the effects of this virus and the benefits of vaccination

If you dont want the vaccine then fine its your choice but anyone advising people not to get it should just shut up as you potentially could sway someone to making a decision that could kill them

Your individual experience is irrelevant I bet youve never seen someone stabbed but can form an opinion on knife crime

I have one patient in ITU who is looking likely to die, one death and another person very sick in hospital. I had to speak to their heartbroken spouse yesterday as they were bullied into not being vaccinated by some bellend relatives and those same bellends are now advising that he dont go on a ventilator. I also had to talk to a teenager who caught Covid, gave it to his Aunt who survived a week on ITU and his grandad who is now dead. I have had enough of know nowts going on like they are some kind of geniuses and belittling the effects of this virus and the benefits of vaccination

If you dont want the vaccine then fine its your choice but anyone advising people not to get it should just shut up as you potentially could sway someone to making a decision that could kill them
I've never said anything against the vaccine, in fact I stated the adverse reactions fell in line with what I expected. As a tangent how do you know the teenager is responsible for passing it on to his grandad, please tell me you didn't put that on the kid?

Back