Consume Less Calories....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackem00 said:
And obviously avoid carbs, especially late in the day.

Still plenty of professional trainers giving this advice(carbs late in day). Hasn't been proven either way so not sure why you use this as a joke.

Still plenty of professional trainers giving this advice(carbs late in day). Hasn't been proven either way so not sure why you use this as a joke.

It's based on the logic that "carbs are used for energy, you don't need energy to sleep, therefor they'll be stored as fat", which completely disregards muscle glycogen and the fact that the de-novo lipogenesis pathway is relatively inactive in humans, unless ridiculous amounts of carbs are consumed consistently.

I feel sorry for anybody that intentionally avoids carbs after a certain time with the belief that it's going to 'hurt their gains'.

I've lost near enough 5 stone this year and eating carbs late at night didn't hinder my weightloss. Its all about the total calories you take in during the course of the day.

I've lost near enough 5 stone this year and eating carbs late at night didn't hinder my weightloss. Its all about the total calories you take in during the course of the day.

Indeed.

Carbs later in the day are actually more beneficial for me, as I have to train early in the mornings and sometimes this only allows for something to eat around 90-120mins before the session, so carbs late the day before really help.

To lose weight, just move your head from side to side.
Do this whenever someone offers you food.

Can't remember which comedian said this

It's a great myth like. As long as you don't exceed the 500grams of muscle glycogen and 100 grams within the liver, timing makes zero difference.

The practical implication of that for most of the recreational training population would be like 700-900g of carbs per day, for atleast several days aswell to 'top off' glycogen stores, when you consider the amount that will be used throughout the day.

One thing I always find hilarious is that the same people that preach the whole no carbs before bed thing, will say "You MUST get some 'fast-acting' post-workout carbs to replenish depleted glycogen" (which when weight-training, there are few scenarios where you are going to be anywhere close to glycogen depletion afterwards), yet when discussing carbs before bed, they seem to completely forget about the existance of muscle glycogen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back