Consett Cricket Club

Worked in Consett for 10 months and only few weeks ago i found out there was a cricket club. Knew about Lanchester, Blackhill and Shotley but Consett is well hidden!

Worked in Consett for 10 months and only few weeks ago i found out there was a cricket club. Knew about Lanchester, Blackhill and Shotley but Consett is well hidden!
Blackfyne is Consett CC.

Can't imagine they could build a ground at the top of the hill, what with the gale force wind. :D

Thats the one. Blackfyne.
Some of the finest views in local cricket from the pavilion on a good day (if you lucky to get one up there). Well worth a visit if you get chance.
Grew up in Blackfyne and played for them as a youth in the 80s. Up visiting my dad at the minute, can see it from my old bedroom. Was telling the dog about my 4-4-0-4 spell in 1987, just last night. :D

Play off against the winners of the Durham & North East League, most likely Seaham Park. Winner of that match replaces Boldon in the NEPL.
Will depend on whether they have the capabilities to be accepted into the premier league. Esh couldn’t go in after winning the league the other year due to a few things.

Back