Conservatory guttering repairs

harmy

Striker
In my new house the conservatory guttering is leaking one end and had one firm out. Wants £300 to replace my guttering as he can’t find a piece to replace the end part that’s broken.

Any decent firms about? @strech

In my new house the conservatory guttering is leaking one end and had one firm out. Wants £300 to replace my guttering as he can’t find a piece to replace the end part that’s broken.

Can’t find the piece? What’s he doing then that’s £300? Replacing the lot? Hoy a pic up. SMB will (probably) sort….
Screwfix (and many others) stock most parts, downpours, bends etc in all shapes.

Last edited:
I suppose if he’s changing the whole lot for new 300 ain’t that bad, buy the guttering (price dependant on style) then labour, unless everyone thinks folks work for free nowadays and earn 20 quid a day😂
If it’s just the end cap just buy some pvc fascia board, cut to shape and silicon it on

Last edited:
I suppose if he’s changing the whole lot for new 300 ain’t that bad, buy the guttering (price dependant on style) then labour, unless everyone thinks folks work for free nowadays and earn 20 quid a day😂
If it’s just the end cap just buy some pvc fascia board, cut to shape and silicon it on
Under £20 for a length of guttering
Under £20 for end cap/brackets/Outlet etc
Its a conservatory so can be accessed by a step ladder.

Last edited:
Under £20 for a length of guttering
Under £10 for end cap/brackets
Its a conservatory so can be accessed by a step ladder.
How many lengths he need? What style? Cheap and cheerful sq or a posh gutter shape, down pipe, clips, how many sides to the conservatory, will need corners for them, still gonna be 70/80 quid forthe kit then the cost is in the labour. If he does it himself pretty cheap overall, but the idea most folks work for peanuts ain’t the real world atm

How many lengths he need? What style? Cheap and cheerful sq or a posh gutter shape, down pipe, clips, how many sides to the conservatory, will need corners for them, still gonna be 70/80 quid forthe kit then the cost is in the labour. If he does it himself pretty cheap overall, but the idea most folks work for peanuts ain’t the real world atm
Of course people dont work for free but it sounds like the quote he had the bloke was taking the piss

Of course people dont work for free but it sounds like the quote he had the bloke was taking the piss
Depends what sort of guttering materials wise, big difference between prices for the different styles. As for taking the piss labour wise, depends how much people expect to earn a day. Part of the problem people have trouble getting folks to do small jobs is that it’s not worth it for the plumbers etc

Depends what sort of guttering materials wise, big difference between prices for the different styles. As for taking the piss labour wise, depends how much people expect to earn a day. Part of the problem people have trouble getting folks to do small jobs is that it’s not worth it for the plumbers etc
quote a daft price - not arsed if they don't get the job - laughing if they do

Just use epoxy or something to repair the leak?

Is it a stop end on the guttering? Or is it a joint on a fitting? Have you looked at the fittings etc for a manufacturer's name? It should be an absolute piece of pi$$ to do.

Back