Comic relief

Status
Not open for further replies.
No foreigners should be getting any of this. Charity begins at home. What goes on abroad is nothing to do with us. Let them sort themselves out. They wanted independence - they should find out what it truly means.
This country shouldn't need charity for anybody really. The one thing I like about the red nose appeal is the money goes to countries like Africa where it is badly needed. Unlike children in need which is uk only.

I havent watched Comic/Sport Relief for years, but I'm getting older and dont go out on Fridays often now. So I put it on.

Now the donation bits in between are pretty harrowing and it's a great cause.

But jesus wept, this is surely the most horrific, unfunny, cheesey shite I think I've ever seen. It must have been cobbled together by a bunch of wacky zany gimps.

Even the production is so amateurish. Especially the sound. But it 's so bad, it's like red wine on a work night, you know you're gonna pay for it and shouldnt do it, but you cant stop.

Although i am cringing. Fuck off Lenny.

Send some celebrity to a poverty stricken shit hole,fly them and the crew business class and a decent hotel to rest their conscious.
Worthy I know but manipulative as fuck

Never watched it since I was at school about 15 years ago.
Me neither, until tonight. I now remember why I haven't watched it in so long

Excellent cause, unreal amounts of money raised, good for the kids having fun fundraising stuff at school, but my god this live telly is painful to watch

It's f***ing excruciating...a line up of the most arrogant egotistical arseholes that you could ever imagine...Lenny Henry, James Corden, Gary Barlow, Jonathon Ross and fuckin Miranda.....what a set of *****.

Only saw the Jeremy Kyle embarrassing thing and some of Graham Norton.
Who the fuck gives David Walliams all of his air time?.

Fuck me. If ever I need reminding that humanity is filled with mean spirited miserable c unts a TV charity appeal is the thread to do it.

You set of twisting f***ing knackers - for once something positive to help others less privileged is happening and miserable twats come on and slate the efforts of others. Keep quiet or shake your f***ing heads you miserable sad twisty c unts

Fuck me. If ever I need reminding that humanity is filled with mean spirited miserable c unts a TV charity appeal is the thread to do it.

You set of twisting f***ing knackers - for once something positive to help others less privileged is happening and miserable twats come on and slate the efforts of others. Keep quiet or shake your f***ing heads you miserable sad twisty c unts
I don't think they are slating the cause or the money raised but the quality of the show which is poor and at times cringeworthy to be fair.
A few good moment, Emily Sande being one, but overall it is not very good. Celebrities who are not funny but think they are just humiliating themselves really. The worst being Russel Brand who is as funny as the clap in a brothel.

Last edited:
No foreigners should be getting any of this. Charity begins at home. What goes on abroad is nothing to do with us. Let them sort themselves out. They wanted independence - they should find out what it truly means.
The clot in a clam opens its shell once again, expels some inanity and closes up .
Missed his meds once again

Watched this earlier. Agree with the majority. So much of this was unfunny. Im sure I remember it being class years ago! Now - vic and bob bit was awful, even audience were just amongst themselves, french and saunders equally as unfunny and lenny henry just didnt seem interested.
I think main problem is that peoples comedy tastes have evolved and these lot doing same old tired routines just dosnt cut it any more.
Other than that great cause!

Watched this earlier. Agree with the majority. So much of this was unfunny. Im sure I remember it being class years ago! Now - vic and bob bit was awful, even audience were just amongst themselves, french and saunders equally as unfunny and lenny henry just didnt seem interested.
I think main problem is that peoples comedy tastes have evolved and these lot doing same old tired routines just dosnt cut it any more.
Other than that great cause!

The live audience seemed to be mainly younger people, and they've largely been conditioned to believe Russell Howard, Michael McIntyre, Miranda Hart and Mrs Brown is comedy.

Vic and Bob turn up, or Toast Of London, and they haven't got a clue who they are.

All for a good cause. I must admit the quality of sketches last night were very poor.

Still 70+ million raised for great causes.

I also bought some view tickets to watch car share next week and the live q and a with Peter kay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back