Colly Retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

considering his batting abilities, to hold on to his england place as long as he did is outstanding. brilliant fielder, decent bowler, good batsman. right time for me.

he will be a big miss to the dressing room, on the feild and also with the bat. England will need to find someone who can really grit it out when we are in trouble like he did on a number of occassions.

He has set alot of standards for the test team in the feild and with his fitness and determination.

Get this Test match won then onto a successful world cup.

well done Colly one of very few people who can say they made the most of their talent they were given.

Hopefully can make some runs in the next couple of months for England. Then do great for Durham. Could help us A LOT next season.

BBC Test Match Special's Michael Vaughan On Paul Collingwood's Test retirement:

"He's still going to play one-day internationals and Twenty20 cricket for England, but after the Perth Test we were talking and he said this should be my last Test series. He felt he had taken his game as far as he could and saw Eoin Morgan in the nets and thought it was his turn."

Fair play to him....

Well played Colly.

Really hope he can come back to county cricket focused and help take Durham to another title.

Oh and, Fuck off Charles Covelt you smug twat. No doubt he'll get in a 'I told you so/I was right'

Last edited:
Probably getting it out in the news today so everyone can concentrate solely on celebrating an Ashes series win tomorrow. Would be typical of the bloke really.

average of over 40 is nothing to be ashamed of in test cricket.

Can't wait to see him lead Durham :)

Well played Colly.

Really hope he can come back to county cricket focused and help take Durham to another title.

Oh and, Fuck off Charles Covelt you smug twat. No doubt he'll get in a 'I told you so/I was right'

Ronnie Irani will be knocking one out right now as well

Collys statement -

"Representing England has always been a dream of mine and I've been fortunate enough to have enjoyed some amazing highs throughout my Test career. I'm proud of the fact that I've always given my all for England but I feel that this is the right time to leave Test cricket having reached some very special achievements, none more satisfying that retaining the Ashes in Australia. I also feel now is the time to ensure some of the younger players are given an opportunity as we have a wealth of talent pushing for places. I still feel I have a huge amount to offer in terms of limited overs cricket and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to continue leading the Twenty20 squad and playing a significant role in England's ODI team."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back