Clubs you never hear about anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deano

Striker
When I was a lad CSKA Sofia were always this "crack Bulgarian outfit" that English teams were wary of drawing in European competitions. What happened to them?

Steaua Bucharest another one...

I'll add a few more for starters

Parma
Sampdoria
AZ67 Alkmaar
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Coventry ;)

CSKA Sofia

April 2015 Ownership change and relegation from professional football
On 2 April CSKA's president Aleksandar Tomov transferred his controlling block of shares to Milko Georgiev and Borislav Lazarov, with club supporters intending to find new owner and major sponsors capable of paying off the numerous debts.[38] On 24 April it was officially announced that the club's new controlling owner is Finance Marketing Company Ltd.[39]CSKA finished the season 5th, but due to the unfunded debts the Bulgarian Football Union refused to give the club a license for A Group for the upcoming season and sent it to the South-Western V group (the 3rd level of Bulgarian football).[40]

Parma went through some shit too and disappeared for a while IIRC.

When I was a lad CSKA Sofia were always this "crack Bulgarian outfit" that English teams were wary of drawing in European competitions. What happened to them?

Steaua Bucharest another one...

I'll add a few more for starters

Parma
Sampdoria
AZ67 Alkmaar
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Coventry ;)

.. Self defeating prophecy post ;) ..

CSKA Sofia

Parma went through some shit too and disappeared for a while IIRC.
Blimey! how the mighty have fallen

Meadowbank Thistle became Livingston didn't they? and I haven't heard of them for a while either. Did they go under too? I know, I could google it but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back