Club Statement: Darron Gibson

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

They had to wait until he pleaded (or found) guilty. Same will apply with Gibson I think.

How can Gibson plead ‘not guilty’ though? He was caught at the wheel of his car over the limit after ploughing through 4 cars

It’s surely now just a question of what his sentence will be, rather than whether he’s guilty.

Different scenario to Johnson isn’t it?

Reactions: MrB
I can only assume, unfortunately, that he’s suspended on full pay as being charged and being guilty are not the same thing. I just hope that he quickly has his day in court and amongst other things gets, if guilty, a jail sentence. It was only bent metal, which will be covered by his insurance, but how would it have been had people been injured...

As I’ve said a thousand times.

Professional athletes shouldn’t be drinking full stop. That additional 1% helps you win games.

The very best athletes these days look after themselves. They are were they are because of talent AND application.

Defoe is a perfect example of someone who has looked after himself. Kane was tubby when out on loan as a kid, he now looks after himself (hires his own chef) and is one of the best in the world. Ronaldo, whilst being a narcissist, spends god knows how long in the gym

Alcohol doesn’t fit in top level sport in 2018

"Mr Gibson was driving forward with genuine purpose at excess speed"

Mistaken identity?

:lol:

Professional athletes shouldn’t be drinking full stop. That additional 1% helps you win games.

The very best athletes these days look after themselves. They are were they are because of talent AND application.

Defoe is a perfect example of someone who has looked after himself. Kane was tubby when out on loan as a kid, he now looks after himself (hires his own chef) and is one of the best in the world. Ronaldo, whilst being a narcissist, spends god knows how long in the gym

The lads obviously got problems, hope he gets himself sorted. Got to hit rock bottom before people seek help

How is this Sunderland's fault?

He's a piss head

Aye don't sign him, fair enough, but this has fuck all to do with any other player
It's just all part of the package that is SAFC - he should have been suspended, disciplined or sacked after his drunken rant the day of the Celtic game, but no, let's get him in the team and put up with his drinking ways. EVERYONE in football knows he's a piss head,. If we'd disciplined him i the summer, we could have imposed something on him that he had to provide a urine sample each to prove he wasn't pissed up. It's simple incident management that the club (who has previous form here) are just f***ing terrible at. Everyone knows that the eyes of the media and other fans are on us, watching the car crash that is consecutive relegations yet the powers that be do nothing to try and protect the image of this grand old club. It breaks my heart

How is this Sunderland's fault?

He's a piss head

Aye don't sign him, fair enough, but this has fuck all to do with any other player

The blame lies squarely with Moyes imho. He managed him at Everton where he was done for something similar. He also paid a fee for him - he wasn’t someone brought in on a free like Lescott to add numbers to the squad.

Even last season we needed strong characters in the dressing room, we end up with piss heads. What message does that send to the young pros? What message does that send to the fans?

How can Gibson plead ‘not guilty’ though? He was caught at the wheel of his car over the limit after ploughing through 4 cars

It’s surely now just a question of what his sentence will be, rather than whether he’s guilty.

Different scenario to Johnson isn’t it?

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Although if he does plead not guilty but is found otherwise his sentence will be more severe.
Which being over the limit would be stupid to plead.

So you saying none of the best players in the world ever drink?

It's just all part of the package that is SAFC - he should have been suspended, disciplined or sacked after his drunken rant the day of the Celtic game, but no, let's get him in the team and put up with his drinking ways. EVERYONE in football knows he's a piss head,. If we'd disciplined him i the summer, we could have imposed something on him that he had to provide a urine sample each to prove he wasn't pissed up. It's simple incident management that the club (who has previous form here) are just f***ing terrible at. Everyone knows that the eyes of the media and other fans are on us, watching the car crash that is consecutive relegations yet the powers that be do nothing to try and protect the image of this grand old club. It breaks my heart

While we have massive problems, this lad is in his own world. We couldn't have sacked him for what he did in the summer mate, sick of people suggesting "just sack them", its not a sackable offense

This is however.

These days, the very, very best don't drink....or at least only drink occasionally (the odd glass of wine with a meal). They don't go out on the piss every Sat/Sun like the Tony Adams/Niall Quinn players of the past

Look at Rooney v Ronaldo - both were kids at Man Utd. Ronaldo took his physical development seriously, Rooney still goes out on the piss

Logon or register to see this image

The blame lies squarely with Moyes imho. He managed him at Everton where he was done for something similar. He also paid a fee for him - he wasn’t someone brought in on a free like Lescott to add numbers to the squad.

Even last season we needed strong characters in the dressing room, we end up with piss heads. What message does that send to the young pros? What message does that send to the fans?

Yeah true

I agree with all that

But there is no big drinking think in the dressing room, we are shite because we have absolutely no ability, confidence etc

This is an individuals problem, and he will go to jail for this, and rightly so

No. I’m saying that I doubt any of them drink much, and that professionalism is part of becoming a top player as much as ability. That includes diet as much as alcohol

And I listed some example of players that really look after themselves. I honestly can’t think of a really top class player that has been in the news in the last decade for being out on the piss

Yep. Spot on.

Its been well known for a lot of years that certain "key" members of our squad seem to enjoy more than the odd beer now and again.

Its about time the club started doing spot checks for Drugs and Alcohol. Its done in the company I work for and if you fail the test then its not taken lightly. Make it part of the players contracts.

When they do the drug tests it picks up alcohol as well as drugs. I have a mate who is an ex pro (handful of lower league games about 20 years ago - nowt flash) and he got a bollocking from his club over the alcohol levels in his sample after he was tested one time.

The club will know exactly what the players alcohol consumption is.

These days, the very, very best don't drink....or at least only drink occasionally (the odd glass of wine with a meal). They don't go out on the piss every Sat/Sun like the Tony Adams/Niall Quinn players of the past

Look at Rooney v Ronaldo - both were kids at Man Utd. Ronaldo took his physical development seriously, Rooney still goes out on the piss

Logon or register to see this image
Well exactly this.

Rooney, great career obviously, but could have been far better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back