Club secretary

Status
Not open for further replies.

When I was Ron Linney's assistant. I had to step in to his position when he was away. We were never away at the same time. The club went on a world tour in 76 and he also went. Six weeks. I had to oversee season ticket renewals, ensure that all contractual matters were met, deal with the press on a daily basis. The death of a director and subsequent point of contact for clubs, FA and FL. The rise of the season ticket price was reported to the Price Commission as being too high. I had to prepare a statement justifying the price rise. The complaint was dismissed. Sell Vic Halom to Oldham. Attend meetings for the reserve team league and the youth team league. I also attended the Football League AGM in London and remind the only director who did not tour as to how to the directors had agreed to vote. I never made any travel arrangements in all my time there because they were always handled by the Manager's secretary. It was the Manager who decided how and when the teams travelled. Btw I was 23 when I left the position.

Last edited:
When I was Ron Linney's assistant. I had to step in to his position when he was away. We were never away at the same time. The club went on a world tour in 76 and he also went. Six weeks. I had to oversee season ticket renewals, ensure that all contractual matters were met, deal with the press on a daily basis. The death of a director and subsequent point of contact for clubs, FA and FL. The rise of the season ticket price was reported to the Price Commission as being too high. I had to prepare a statement justifying the price rise. The complaint was dismissed. Sell Vic Halom to Oldham. Attend meetings for the reserve team league and the youth team league. I also attended the Football League AGM in London and remind the only director who did not tour as to how to the directors had agreed to vote. I never made any travel arrangements in all my time there because they were always handled by the Manager's secretary. It was the Manager who decided how and when the teams travelled. Btw I was 23 when I left the position.

Enjoyed reading that. Any other stories from back in the day behind the scenes at the club?

You sold Vic Halom. Mods....life time ban required here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back