Club rewarding Fans

Headingley Slog Fest

Central Defender
Sunderland AFC on Twitter

Every time the club seems to reward fans with ‘Hospitality’ or ‘Gifts’, they seem to aim it towards the fans who gave up on the team and who are starting to come back. For instance this one is aimed for fans for the Bradford game, and people starting off a part season ticket.

Personally I find it a bit of an own goal in the PR department when it comes to the loyal fans who didn’t stop going when we were really bad, I’m not trying to fish for recognition because I’m a fan and I’ll support Sunderland through thick and thin, however I find it a little frustrating they seem to reward fans for coming back after giving up or coming to one off games, is it because they take the bracket of loyal fans who’d go no matter what because whatever they’ll do they will never stop going?

Every time the club seems to reward fans with ‘Hospitality’ or ‘Gifts’, they seem to aim it towards the fans who gave up on the team and who are starting to come back. For instance this one is aimed for fans for the Bradford game, and people starting off a part season ticket.

Personally I find it a bit of an own goal in the PR department when it comes to the loyal fans who didn’t stop going when we were really bad, I’m not trying to fish for recognition because I’m a fan and I’ll support Sunderland through thick and thin, however I find it a little frustrating they seem to reward fans for coming back after giving up or coming to one off games, is it because they take the bracket of loyal fans who’d go no matter what because whatever they’ll do they will never stop going?

Its PR, they are trying to increase sales. I understand what your saying about the 23,000th and the record breaking ticket and the 40,000th ticket, however like any business they do anything to try and get in new revenue and customers. So promoting this isnt forgetting the 'loyal' fans who auto renewed etc, its just a way to boost ticket sales more than what they currently are

If they need to get this 40k thing over the line, then let people know it will go towards checkatrade trophy final tickets - AFTER - ST and previous Checkatrade trophy Games took into account.

It’s a contempary parable of the Prodigal Son.

The aim is to get more people through the door mate.To do that they've got to concentrate on getting those who aren't currently going interested,rather than those who are.

It seems to me that 2 season card holders and two others (who may well be existing sc holders buying extra tickets) will win so can't understand how this could be viewed as a problem.

I like the principle behind your post but this is the wrong thing to set it against.

I love it when well intentioned posts backfire on here.

No mercy!! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: well man, people need to stop being offended or whatever at the slightest little thing. I've got a season ticket and go cos I f***ing love it not cos I think I'll get a cuddle off the club. If they need to entice people then thats fine, they're a business after all, no need to f***ing piss and moan about it.

The aim is to get more people through the door mate.To do that they've got to concentrate on getting those who aren't currently going interested,rather than those who are.

This. I always renew and I don't want or expect any kind of reward for doing so. I'll not be eligible for this reward because I wasn't the first to renew even though I renewed well before the takeover was completed and within the initial priority period. Doesn't bother me at all. It does seem a bit "off" that someone who might almost never go will get an experience that a lot of us would enjoy, but it's all for the good of the club and at least with the "first season ticket holder to renew" thing they also reward someone who was sticking with it. Ultimately though, there's no need to offer things like that to those of us who will renew anyway but it might help convince others to come along, it's the right thing for them to be doing

Charlie Methven made it clear in the last podcast he wants to encourage stay aways back, it's good business sense.
There are already established advantages to being a season ticket holder / loyal fan.

Back