Club looking into business rates and policing costs.

No they're not.
Rates are set by the Home Office
Football club agrees price (level of policing based on rates)
It implies the total cost is mostly influences by the home office. When only the hourly rates are. What the police deem "the minimum number" to allow the game to go ahead is seemingly entirely up to them, and for some reason, that number appears to be massively higher for one football team than another, despite it being the same officers, and somehow, half the number of fans...

It implies the total cost is mostly influences by the home office. When only the hourly rates are. What the police deem "the minimum number" to allow the game to go ahead is seemingly entirely up to them, and for some reason, that number appears to be massively higher for one football team than another, despite it being the same officers, and somehow, half the number of fans...

There’s a discussion on the other thread as to why that is though with the common consensus being that you have more private land than we do.

I’ve also asked the question of do you have the police operating in large quantities inside the stadium? We don’t (stewards are responsible for safety) and I was wondering if this is different for you.

There’s a discussion on the other thread as to why that is though with the common consensus being that you have more private land than we do.

I’ve also asked the question of do you have the police operating in large quantities inside the stadium? We don’t (stewards are responsible for safety) and I was wondering if this is different for you.
I suspect the latter, and can't help but think the police tell us how many we must have inside, and pull the old "safety certificate" card on us, like they did over the Derby timings.

Inside the stadium there is say a dozen or so near the south stand (usually just standing doing nowt) then some near the dugouts and a few scattered elsewhere. Then there is the away fans where it seems there is a good 20-30 Police.

Maybe 50 in total I would say inside the ground

Inside the stadium there is say a dozen or so near the south stand (usually just standing doing nowt) then some near the dugouts and a few scattered elsewhere. Then there is the away fans where it seems there is a good 20-30 Police.

Maybe 50 in total I would say inside the ground
Multiply the number of coppers by £60 per hour for a 6 hour tour of duty which is the home office standard for a PC. Sergeant and inspector are obviously more

does that mean we win the private land cup?

Seems to me that far from being "out of their depth" like some knackers on here have said, these lads are quietly working their way through the entire club from top to bottom and seeing where we have been taken the piss out of. Its almost like they know how to run an efficient business and of course the more they streamline costs the more there will ultimately be to put a quality first team on the pitch.

What is worrying is previous regime while pleading poverty has seemingly missed a staggering level of inefficiency in the club....Maybe thats what happens when you are playing football clubs with somebody elses money rather than your own.

Seems to me that far from being "out of their depth" like some knackers on here have said, these lads are quietly working their way through the entire club from top to bottom and seeing where we have been taken the piss out of. Its almost like they know how to run an efficient business and of course the more they streamline costs the more there will ultimately be to put a quality first team on the pitch.

What is worrying is previous regime while pleading poverty has seemingly missed a staggering level of inefficiency in the club....Maybe thats what happens when you are playing football clubs with somebody elses money rather than your own.
it could be regarded as small time to play it out in the media though

Back