Clear photos needed

DH1

Midfield
I'm booked in to get a tattoo on Saturday of the old style sunderland badge. I need a photo of the badge for refrence but googles having me doubting and struggling to find what I need.

Need a photo of the roker park badge 1991 in the more blue era than the black and white one in the 91-92 season i believe?

Didn't think it was possible for us to have so many interpretations of the badge online but we do.

Would post a picture of the one I think it is but no idea how to.

Cheers

I'm booked in to get a tattoo on Saturday of the old style sunderland badge. I need a photo of the badge for refrence but googles having me doubting and struggling to find what I need.

Need a photo of the roker park badge 1991 in the more blue era than the black and white one in the 91-92 season i believe?

Didn't think it was possible for us to have so many interpretations of the badge online but we do.

Cheers
Could you not get hold of an old strip?

Cheers
Copy and past the pic here Postimages — free image hosting / image upload
copy the 2nd link

click on that
Logon or register to see this image

and paste link

Cheers

This is the 1988-91 badge

I prefer the 1979-82

Last edited:
This is the 1988-91 badge

I prefer the 1979-82

It appears after some research the score draw modern release shirts have a yellow wave on the 88-1991 kits but the original hummel ones I've found online have a white wave. Is this a ball drop from them or did they just use the badge which to me and others seems most popular

It appears after some research the score draw modern release shirts have a yellow wave on the 88-1991 kits but the original hummel ones I've found online have a white wave. Is this a ball drop from them or did they just use the badge which to me and others seems most popular

Ignore the Score Draw shirts. That’s just a lazy attempt to recreate the badge.

I realise this is incredibly pedantic and it's not to detract from the skill involved, but the perforation texture on that won't ever have been on that badge so it's not 'authentic'. The pictures further up show how the stitching would have looked. Probably asking a bit much for it to be that perfect, but putting it out there just so the OP has all the facts when deciding.
Other than that, it's an amazing piece of work (and I'm not a tattoo fan).

Aye I saw the Score Draw one and originally had that to post but then I found this website and saw the originals of that time

Here's Stan Cummins in one with the Score Draw version below. The ball is a bit more leather coloured on the original and for me the best SAFC badge.

Last edited:
Aye I saw the Score Draw one and originally had that to post but then I found this website and saw the originals of that time

Here's Stan Cummins in one with the Score Draw version below. The ball is a bit more leather coloured on the original and for me the best SAFC badge.

That's my all time favourite, I was born in May 91 so will have to go with a white wave on the tattoo I reckon

There are some unoriginals on that link like.

The brown ball was used by umbro and then when Le Coq Sportif took over they introduced the black ball which was used by Nike and Hummel.

For me it looks better with the black ball and if you want one that Hummel first used then that is the one to use.

As said Score Draw were just lazy sticking on the oversized brown ball version on the LQS, Nike and a Hummel versions. Strangely they used the exact copy of the 90s Hummel badge on their Hummel mk 2 copies

Back