Clarkson’s farm series 3

I still don't like the bloke but watched a few episodes last night and it's good tele. He seems to have dropped the loud oaf persona which boiled my piss on Top Gear and is promoting animal wellbeing and sustainable agriculture like, so fair play
I think a lot of that is either because it's always been an act, or because he genuinely has no real idea what he's doing.

You see flashes of it though, like when he goes tractor shopping :lol:

He has done sheep, fish, and cattle so it’s got to be pigs next. As far as I am aware the restaurant is no longer open. The council should, in my view, be helping support local businesses.

The collective they were putting together would have employed people, creating jobs and saved some farmers who were struggling.

I understand that the area is an AONB but it won’t be for much longer if there is no employment and no one to maintain the countryside.

I still don't like the bloke but watched a few episodes last night and it's good tele. He seems to have dropped the loud oaf persona which boiled my piss on Top Gear and is promoting animal wellbeing and sustainable agriculture like, so fair play

I honestly think it started off meant to be a pisstake but once he found out how much farmers struggle for working 7 days a week it completely changed his mindset on the entire thing.

He has done sheep, fish, and cattle so it’s got to be pigs next. As far as I am aware the restaurant is no longer open. The council should, in my view, be helping support local businesses.

The collective they were putting together would have employed people, creating jobs and saved some farmers who were struggling.

I understand that the area is an AONB but it won’t be for much longer if there is no employment and no one to maintain the countryside.
The mask slipped with them when one of them at the meetings said:
“Why don’t even need it with all the money you have?”

Reeks of jealousy and typical small town mentality

Our village is in an AONB. The main street is a Conservation Area.

A local farmer bought an empty shop, the freehold not just a lease, did it up. He spend a load of money of fixtures and fittings and put new windows in.

Turns out that he should of put hardwood windows in not UPVC, got a bollocking off the Planning Officer. He apologised and agreed to replace them.

This wasn't long after Storm Arwen, trying to get tradesmen was near impossible. They were busy with urgent repairs across the whole region.

The Council shut them down as they didn't manage to replace them in 4 weeks.

They had to get the Local Councillor involved and had a right battle to re-open.

Absolute joke.

I have no idea if this attitude is widespread but my view is we should be helping people in rural communities and supporting farmers who are trying to diversify.
Food security but also producing the worlds best food that we can export should be a lot higher up the list of govt priorities than it is at the minute.

I have no idea if this attitude is widespread but my view is we should be helping people in rural communities and supporting farmers who are trying to diversify.

You're right in theory but the farm is so unfit for purpose is achieving the opposite. Chipping Norton only has a population of 7000 so they'll out in the nearby cities like Oxford for jobs, except they can't get home because the road has a 3 hour queue is blocking your way queuing for Jeremy's farm. Do you see how counterproductive it is for rural communities.

A 3 hour queue is like from Sunderland to just outside Middlesbrough size wise.

And you wonder why literally everything he applies for has pretty much the entire 7000 people signing opposition to it.

Last edited:
You're right in theory but the farm is so unfit for purpose is achieving the opposite. Chipping Norton only has a population of 7000 so they'll out in the nearby cities like Oxford for jobs, except they can't get home because the road has a 3 hour queue is blocking your way queuing for Jeremy's farm. Do you see how counterproductive it is for rural communities.

A 3 hour queue is like from Sunderland to just outside Middlesbrough size wise.

And you wonder why literally everything he applies for has pretty much the entire 7000 people signing opposition to it.
He would be far better off binning the farm shop and restaurant off so he doesn't have the aggro. The problem is it will be a cash cow (no pun) for him and a backup to a potential poor return from crops. My absolute favourite episode is Wilding because I love what he does on his land when he builds a nature pond, plants owl boxes etc.

Unfortunately not being at odds with the village whenever he gets one of his ideas doesn't make good TV for many people.

Back