Clarke, Neil, Patterson,Hume and Ballard if you had to sell 3 who would it be?

I’d sell Neil, Patto and Clarke

We should replace Neil with an experienced midfielder

May already have a Clarke replacement in the squad. Not that they would be anywhere near as good but we have players that can play there. Main reason is he’s the only one we’ll get big money for and it can be spread across the squad for reinvesting

We’d get pennies for Patto but you could bring in an experienced keeper who would do just as well

Ballard far too important, we wouldn’t get another Hume and we’re short at right back at the best of times
Who is the potential Clarke replacement in the squad like?

We’ve just lost him for 8 weeks or whatever and got walloped every week 😂😂😂😂

I don’t give a shit about the fees, never understood why fans would. Patterson, Hume and Ballard are easiest to replace, so definitely them.

Rusyn can play from the left, aouchiche could play there, Mundle can play there, Ba can too

Non of the are Jack Clarke as I’ve already said but investing the money elsewhere to improve quality through out would help

Or we can just keep being solely reliant on one player and be fucked when he’s not available?

Last edited:
I’m not convinced any of them would be a real success in the prem. I think Neil has the best chance in a really good team. Clarke has been pretty abject against some of the better sides this season including Newcastle, Leeds, Ipswich

I rate Patterson as a decent championship keeper atm but who would realistically pay £10m+ for him? He's not a starter yet for me and then the team who have a spare £10m don't need to waste it on a 2nd or 3rd choice young keeper.

There was other factors to why we got walloped every week, granted it was bad we lost him but other things going on were the main problems

I think the problem we could have is that with the premier league seemingly willing to take action on falling foul of PSR, clubs will not be prepared to spend as big (see January window).
That will mean a drop in transfer values of players so if we do move players on, I wouldnt expect to get such big money.

Rusyn can play from the left, aouchiche could play there, Mundle can play there, Ba can too

Non of the are Jack Clarke as I’ve already said but investing the money elsewhere to improve quality through out would help

Or we can just keep being solely reliant on one player and be fucked when he’s not available?
If any of them replace Clarke next season we are in a relegation battle.

Bookmark this.

Neil, Patterson and Hume. Tough one. Estimated 20 for Neil, 12 Patterson and 12 for Hume. 20 million put towards contract for Clarke and Rigg. 15 million in transfer fees.
Patterson- think there wouldn't be much difference with young taking the gloves tbh
Hume - cirkin, alese, huggins all coming back, not ideal till huggins gets fit but manageable
Neil - tough one to replace but would give Rigg and jobe the opportunity to develop and you never know if evans will have an Indian summer

Back