Claiming on house insurance

Spike

Full Back
Evri delivered a parcel the other week and for some stupid reason rammed it in my gas meter box breaking the hinge in the process the tateys

The box is fucked and the lid doesn’t work properly exposing the meter to the elements when it’s windy like it has been tonight

I’m backwards and forwards with their customer service which is a slow process, it needs sorting though do you reckon it’s worth making a claim on the house insurance?

I’ve priced my meter box online they’re £200 + it’ll need fitting by a gas engineer which will be god knows how much? Does it push your premiums up significantly like a car claim? Never done it before hew

Edit - they’re not £200 actually, slight exaggeration, £60ish

Last edited:

You cannot be seriously considering claiming on your house insurance for that. They don’t need fitting by a gas engineer like, it’s just the housing for the meter. Fair enough if they’d damaged the meter itself.

Evri delivered a parcel the other week and for some stupid reason rammed it in my gas meter box breaking the hinge in the process the tateys

The box is fucked and the lid doesn’t work properly exposing the meter to the elements when it’s windy like it has been tonight

I’m backwards and forwards with their customer service which is a slow process, it needs sorting though do you reckon it’s worth making a claim on the house insurance?

I’ve priced my meter box online they’re £200 + it’ll need fitting by a gas engineer which will be god knows how much? Does it push your premiums up significantly like a car claim? Never done it before hew

Embarrassing post, made 100 times worse by the edit.

What’s the world coming to ?

You cannot be seriously considering claiming on your house insurance for that. They don’t need fitting by a gas engineer like, it’s just the housing for the meter. Fair enough if they’d damaged the meter itself.

Looks to me like the gas would need to be switched off and fed through the hole in the box like? I wouldn’t have a clue mind

So not one for the house insurance then? 😂

This happened nearly 3 weeks ago, infuriating situation. Painfully slow communicating with evri I just want them to sort the fucker out. I’m the customer here why do I need to take time out my day to research how to fix something one of their thick staff have caused?

I know exactly what the driver has done, I have my preferred place for deliveries set on Evri as “garden storage box”. He’s seen the gas meter box and rived it open when it was locked and shoved it in there and not the massive storage box about 3m to the side of it

Looks to me like the gas would need to be switched off and fed through the hole in the box like? I wouldn’t have a clue mind

This happened nearly 3 weeks ago, infuriating situation. Painfully slow communicating with evri I just want them to sort the fucker out. I’m the customer here why do I need to take time out my day to research how to fix something one of their thick staff have caused?

I know exactly what the driver has done, I have my preferred place for deliveries set on Evri as “garden storage box”. He’s seen the gas meter box and rived it open when it was locked and shoved it in there and not the massive storage box about 3m to the side of it
If it’s a wall mount box like I have, it just slides off the bracket and back on, no need to turn off any gas.

Can you not just swap the lids if it's only the top that's damaged. It's usually just a pin or bolt that is easily removable.

Mine used our parcel box as a step to climb into the garden, then left the side gate at the other side of the house open for the dog to get out, all while I was in the house. He could have just knocked.

Mine used our parcel box as a step to climb into the garden, then left the side gate at the other side of the house open for the dog to get out, all while I was in the house. He could have just knocked.

Divvies

I’ve never had a major issue with them before like, used to have the same driver when it was Hermes would come at a predictable time of the day and leave it where I’d asked, lass called Karen, sound. She seems to have gone and it’s different blokes all the time. Worst is when they hoy it in the wheely bin 🤮

Taking the piss this though he will have had to force the box open, what goes through their mind to do that? The parcel itself would have fit through my letter box even

No, keep escalating your complaint with threats of legal action.
They will pay out in the end.
They are also insured thus don’t compromise for the drivers they employ.

Back