Civil War - film

Wearson

Midfield
My first reaction to the film was disappointment, expecting something more from Alex Garland. Then later got thinking about it and there’s a lot to unpack.
Another where you don’t actually like anyone in it. Brutal and very uncomplimentary to Americans. But some clever aspects.
At first I wanted some background on how the civil war started etc, but the whole idea was you don't cheer for either side, and often don’t know who was who.

Any thoughts on it ?

Likewise. Wanted to know why and how it started .
But very clever film. The town that didnt care about the war ,which they stopped in . Very clever . Easily imagine that happenning out in middle of nowt.
The racist with the bodies in the tipper truck . Again can imagine that happening, not bothered what side ya on ,just if ya pure American ( in his eyes).

Yep enjoyed it but not what i thought it would be like.

My first reaction to the film was disappointment, expecting something more from Alex Garland. Then later got thinking about it and there’s a lot to unpack.
Another where you don’t actually like anyone in it. Brutal and very uncomplimentary to Americans. But some clever aspects.
At first I wanted some background on how the civil war started etc, but the whole idea was you don't cheer for either side, and often don’t know who was who.

Any thoughts on it ?
I read a review , that the most unlikely part if the movie was, Calfornia and Texas teaming up together.
There was probably a message in that, considering the split in America today.

Mind I thought it interesting that one of the biggest stories to come out of promoting this film was why didn't Mary-Jane get the same money as Spider-Man.

Was much of it filmed in MAR-A-LAGO ? General Bone Spurs Trump and his happy band of r s oles.Second in command ,Tucker Carlson ,head of zero intelligence service and forward planning.The raid to get the White House back will be a riot ! 🤣

Have you noticed how the theme of so many American films involve people being attacked in their own homes and variations there of? Now its a Civil War.

The people the Americans fear the most are their fellow citizens and that's why the arm themselves to the teeth. It's not because the British are coming of even that the fear that Canada or Mexico is going to invade.

Back