Civil Unrest

consettsafc

Striker
If the government do not go ahead with the lifting of restrictions in June and the summer is a warm one, do you think there could be a summer of unrest on the streets?
I hope there is not, but I think normal people will be very upset, as they have generally followed the rules as they were promised that life would return to normal in June.

I think there will only be unrest if the pubs and shops are forcibly closed.

When you're out and about now, you couldn't really tell we've recently lived through the most significant pandemic in over a century.

I don't think most people are following rules around social distancing at the moment, and I suspect this has always been built into the dates set.

If restrictions stay as there are, there won't be unrest, just mass disobedience.

If the government do not go ahead with the lifting of restrictions in June and the summer is a warm one, do you think there could be a summer of unrest on the streets?
I hope there is not, but I think normal people will be very upset, as they have generally followed the rules as they were promised that life would return to normal in June.

As much I think boris is an idiot and has caused more issues then he has actually solved , he never promised June

He said 21st is the earliest it could happen but it would driven by data

If by normal people you mean average joe public he might well be upset but I doubt he’ll resort to civil unrest, however there is an element particularly in inner cities who are very willing to use any excuse to have a go and certain MPs will have a field day criticising “over zealous” police
I think a lot of people were left with the impression of June 21, or the hope for it has become an expectation now. It's a good as a promise even if it wasn't.

True fuelled to a great extent by the media

Last edited:
Not much.

March last year, they said if it goes on more than a few weeks there will be civil unrest.

Summer last year they said areas going to tiers would see civil unrest

When Sage & Labour called for a circuit breaker lockdown in October they said another lockdown would lead to civil unrest. Then they said if Christmas was cancelled.

If the numbers are bad then people will not kick off. If the numbers are good we will relax. The only reason for civil unrest would be if we had hardly any deaths, cases or people in hospital and restrictions continued. Given this government has always tried to push things open a little too quickly, I can’t imagine them locking down now, with no good reason. They thrive on popularisim and don’t like giving out handouts.

I think a lot of people were left with the impression of June 21, or the hope for it has become an expectation now. It's a good as a promise even if it wasn't.
If people have that impression they obviously weren’t listening.

If by normal people you mean average joe public he might well be upset but I doubt he’ll resort to civil unrest, however there is an element particularly in inner cities who are very willing to use any excuse to have a go and certain MPs will have a field day criticising “over zealous” police

True fuelled to a great extent by the media
The very same ones that were scaremongering over the indian variant

There was unrest in London yesterday, so I think it's fair to say it will certainly kick off during EUROs football season if the timeline isn't ticked off. For this reason and the scientific reasons and in fact any reason you can think of it will be ticked of 21st June, it's fickin 3 weeks later than anticipated in any case.

As @Frijj says, if they close the pubs and shops like March last year and December then there possibly could possibly be dissension (that’s not gonna happen tho is it, as these steps we’ve taken are irreversible, right)? But if they keep us where we are at the moment for a wee bit longer, I think a lot of people will just get on with it. Who knows 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
There was unrest in London yesterday, so I think it's fair to say it will certainly kick off during EUROs football season if the timeline isn't ticked off. For this reason and the scientific reasons and in fact any reason you can think of it will be ticked of 21st June, it's fickin 3 weeks later than anticipated in any case.

The unrest in London was COVID deniers yet again.

Unrest in Dover too apparently. A few more "veterans" locked up. Keeps them off the streets I suppose.

The unrest in London was COVID deniers yet again.

Unrest in Dover too apparently. A few more "veterans" locked up. Keeps them off the streets I suppose.
We are taking on this occasion about covid bollocks. Its over, everyone knows it, you can keep going along with Starmer and Boris's experts but most folk are waking up to this being done.

Back