Civil service Job application, interview result

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Wayne The Punk, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Wayne The Punk

Wayne The Punk Striker

I got the email below, someone said its a "merit" email and the next job of that grade should be mine, anyone know anything about this "Merit" thing?

"
    This vacancy attracted a number of highly qualified applicants and after careful consideration of all of the applications we are sorry to tell you that you have not been selected for appointment.

However, as you were a strong candidate we would like to keep your name on a reserve list. This list will be valid for 12 months from the date of this correspondence and if another vacancy arises for the same position we will contact you.

This email does not constitute a job offer.

Thank you for your interest in this position."

stephen cartwright likes this.
  2. duff_man

duff_man Striker

Self explanatory really. You didn’t get the job but if another one comes up it will be offered to those on the reserve list.
    You need to find out how many other names are on there though

3. Just a very polite fuck you. You'll never hear from them again.

4. Or arrange an "accident" for the person who got the job (joke).

yyy and Wayne The Punk like this.
  5. Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy Striker

Or arrange an "accident" for the person who got the job (serious).

6. Wayne The Punk

Wayne The Punk Striker

There were 7 applicants, I know 2 of the others, they didnt get that email, so apart from the successful one there are another 3 I dont know about

My thoughts when I first read it, but 2 separate people have mentioned the same thing, time will tell

7. duff_man

duff_man Striker

Or they are hedging their bets in case the person who did get the job turns out to be shit

8. Fusco

Fusco Midfield

Happened to me this week too from the Civil Service. A few years back got similar and they’d offered me a job within 6 months.

Wayne The Punk likes this.
  9. Hoon

Hoon Winger

From my experience of being a public sector parasite and all round enemy of the people it means if the candidate who got offered the job doesn't take it up or leaves within a couple of months you can employ someone else deemed appointable without having to go through the interview process.

10. heroesof73

heroesof73 Striker

Means you should start practising some pen pushing exercises just in case

Bishop Boy likes this.
  11. Chesterladmackem

Chesterladmackem Central Defender

as per the letter, reserve list fot 12 months then wiped off.
    Usually quite a few i.e. around 50 on the list.
    Lots of re structure at the minute, but wouldnt hold your breath.
    Which job was it for, which dept?

12. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

Did they still give out Merits when you were at Barney @nyron4england ?

13. Parkmaverick

Parkmaverick Striker

If you got a score of 4 on all your competencies you have passed the board - check your feedback on Civil Service Jobs. The best candidate(s) got the post(s) but they now have a list of people including yourself who can fill any similar posts over the next 12 months. Depends on how many other people have a higher score than you, the job you went for and where as to the likelihood of you being successfully taken on in this period. Good Luck

14. alanturing

alanturing Central Defender

Headphones.

15. Wayne The Punk

Wayne The Punk Striker

haha, no headphones involved

16. Stubbs ftm

Stubbs ftm Winger

Your on a reserve list, which means if similar jobs of the same grade become available they will pick off the reserve list first. No guarantee you will get a job like, there's a chance the reserve list could be extended too. Which department was it?

Oli Wagkz likes this.
  17. Wayne The Punk

Wayne The Punk Striker

MOJ prison

18. alanturing

alanturing Central Defender

That’s what you think. Business need. Remember to say ‘’is there anything else I can help you with” at the end of your conversation.

19. Oli Wagkz

Oli Wagkz Striker

Aye there’s a chance someone who has been offered the job might not take it and then it’ll go to the reserve list. Or if more jobs come up they’ll go to the list instead of having to advertise again.

Wayne The Punk likes this.
  20. Wayne The Punk

Wayne The Punk Striker

I know the roles involved, no headphones, I have 20 years of experience in customer service, 15 as a manager, headphones are a fucking pain, but not the end of the world

Hopefully this, nobody noticed how highly shined my doc martin brogues were.Fucking disgraceful

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Oli Wagkz likes this.