Christmas veggie prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently not
Prices the last few weeks have definitely been going up and the veg is coming in all shapes & sizes. Not saying that's a bad thing, but these prices are definitely enticements to get folks through the doors to spend out on all the additional bits which is where the supermarkets will be making their money.

As has been noted, I guess Morrisons will lose out a smidge, it's a tough old market out there.

Prices the last few weeks have definitely been going up and the veg is coming in all shapes & sizes. Not saying that's a bad thing, but these prices are definitely enticements to get folks through the doors to spend out on all the additional bits which is where the supermarkets will be making their money.

As has been noted, I guess Morrisons will lose out a smidge, it's a tough old market out there.
As they are all at the discounting I can’t see it having a huge effect on where people shop. Nice that they’ve discounted things that are in season though. Picked up some carrots and spuds at Tesco just now and it was canny that they were cheap.

As they are all at the discounting I can’t see it having a huge effect on where people shop. Nice that they’ve discounted things that are in season though. Picked up some carrots and spuds at Tesco just now and it was canny that they were cheap.

Tatties aren't in season here man, they are in season from late spring to around October. Then they are stored. I love winter veggies though, cabbages, parsnips and turnips all benefit from the cold weather as do brussels sprouts and purple sprouting brocoli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back