Christmas then lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

haway

Striker
I comewhat see both sides of the argument around relaxing the rules at Christmas. However I cannot fathom relaxing the rules, knowing full well that this will seemingly lead to another 4 week lockdown.

Seeing family is important but I think few people would trade 4 weeks more of lockdown for it, given the immense damage it causes for people & businesses.

I comewhat see both sides of the argument around relaxing the rules at Christmas. However I cannot fathom relaxing the rules, knowing full well that this will seemingly lead to another 4 week lockdown.

Seeing family is important but I think few people would trade 4 weeks more of lockdown for it, given the immense damage it causes for people & businesses.

Why is seeing family so important in this situation? And for 5 days potentially!

Whatever happens at Xmas the January 'lockdown' will happen. Even if Xmas was cancelled there would still be a 'lockdown'. Once January lockdown or tier 4 as they might call it is done it will be back to tiers and within a week or 2 of that will be calls for a February half term 'circuit breaker'. Everything is so predictable
Why is seeing family so important in this situation? And for 5 days potentially!
Who is seeing family for 5 days? Its like making out that anyone who goes to a pub is gonna be doing the conga round the bar. For some peopld Xmas is the worst time of the year even in non Covid times never mind after this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because you only get one life and family is massively important to many many people.
How many people have lost loved ones after little tiffs where they stayed away from each other, only to find that one passed away.
A lifetime of guilt.

When those who are supposedly in charge are handing out massive (deliberate, in my view) mixed messages and playing the good cop bad cop routine, then people are naturally going to be confused and also start to wonder if not seeing family for a few days will change anything.
I don't believe it will.

We're caught in a trap'

Because you only get one life and family is massively important to many many people.
How many people have lost loved ones after little tiffs where they stayed away from each other, only to find that one passed away.
A lifetime of guilt.

When those who are supposedly in charge are handing out massive (deliberate, in my view) mixed messages and playing the good cop bad cop routine, then people are naturally going to be confused and also start to wonder if not seeing family for a few days will change anything.
I don't believe it will.

We're caught in a trap'
Christ you make it sound that we've not seen family for 5 years. Also, regarding a lifetime of guilt, some will be having that feeling in early 2021 when their actions lead to a loved one dying.

But each to their own.

Christ you make it sound that we've not seen family for 5 years. Also, regarding a lifetime of guilt, some will be having that feeling in early 2021 when their actions lead to a loved one dying.

But each to their own.
Yep....each to their own.
Some people think more of their family than others, so it really is, each to their own.

Yep....each to their own.
Some people think more of their family than others, so it really is, each to their own.
So, a person who goes round to see their grannie loves their family more than someone who decides that the best thing is to stay clear as not to risk her life.

Bizzare logic but crack on.

So, a person who goes round to see their grannie loves their family more than someone who decides that the best thing is to stay clear as not to risk her life.

Nope, that's not what I'm saying.
Like you said in your last post.... " each to their own".... and that's just it.

They are allowing people a bit of slack at Xmas. So they can then blame them for cases rising. In the "flu" season. Its almost like its seasonal!!

It's not like Christmas will be good anyway. Oooh, a few days indoors with family that you'd generally not bother with but think you have to. It's all about the build up, offices where nowt much is getting done, main streets full of buzzing shoppers, pubs full of people working half days, in good spirits etc. None of that is happening. Shite.
this shit`s going on for years yet ....if we allow it

If we allow it.

What you proposing? Breaking into pubs?

:lol:

Last edited:
A lifetime of guilt.

I don't believe it will.

We're caught in a trap'
Well said, I'm not seeing me dad on Xmas day just visiting him on Boxing day with my child (we both had it) and sister and her partner. To be honest I'm not fussed about Xmas always find it a depressing time. My dad just having a small get together masks , sanitize as he wants it, he has a heart condition and probably bowel cancer as not had his polyps removed in March due to his Feb heart attack and turned a bypass down. For a lot of people this is there Last Christmas (560 000 people will die next year) and some know it. Its disgusting for the Covid Zealots to castigate families for meeting up at Xmas if they decide to do so

He's saying those who put lives before owt else care for their family more. Which is true.

It's not like Christmas will be good anyway. Oooh, a few days indoors with family that you'd generally not bother with but think you have to. It's all about the build up, offices where nowt much is getting done, main streets full of buzzing shoppers, pubs full of people working half days, in good spirits etc. None of that is happening. Shite.

If we allow it.

What you proposing? Breaking into pubs?

:lol:

What if your elderly parent wants you to visit and be responsible and is not bothered if they catch Covid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back